Gibson Brands Forums

Orange Tiny Terror & Dual Terror

I played a Tiny Terror yesterday. It was really nice sounding.

Then I noticed that a guy has a Dual Terror for sale locally for pretty reasonable. Anybody have any experience with the Dual Terror? Is it pretty similar tone-wise to the tiny terror?

Any thoughts?

my bro-in-law has a dual and a dark terror. the dual I believe is exactly the same as the tiny except with two channels (one being the original TT) and a fx loop. I think he said it had one anyway... I played a few times I think its a great amp. He has it paired with a couple of open back orange cabs.

I had the first run Tiny Terror head for a few years. It was not my main amp. I did finally sell it, not because I didn't like it but because I didn't need it.

My impressions of it...

Great little amp. Loved the portability - could go with a small cab and still get a rockin' sound. It killed some classic British tones. It also took pedals well. In fact I generally liked it better at about half gain with a dirt pedal than wide open without a pedal. It could hang with a drummer - as long as you didn't need a super clean sound. Like most amps it sounded better once I replaced the Chinese tubes.

I still have a video of it up that shows how it sounds with a dirt box in front of it...

I had the first run Tiny Terror head for a few years. It was not my main amp. I did finally sell it, not because I didn't like it but because I didn't need it.

My impressions of it...

Great little amp. Loved the portability - could go with a small cab and still get a rockin' sound. It killed some classic British tones. It also took pedals well. In fact I generally liked it better at about half gain with a dirt pedal than wide open without a pedal. It could hang with a drummer - as long as you didn't need a super clean sound. Like most amps it sounded better once I replaced the Chinese tubes.

I still have a video of it up that shows how it sounds with a dirt box in front of it...

Thanks, Surf. I've been reviewing every video I can, from your's to Chappers and the Cap'n.

I'm in a fix. I have to go back for a second audition with this blues band this evening and my Egnater Rebel bit the dust - whole 'nother thread for a whole 'nother day. I have the DR, but I need something I can knock their socks off with. I need something today. The guy with the Dual Terror has to work (those pesky jobs are always messing with us). I'm gonna need to go to the local guy in the Mall and see if I can wheel & deal myself into a Tiny Terror. It'll go well with my custom (homemade [biggrin] ) cab:

DSC_0005.jpg

I played the Tiny Terror yesterday thru that cab with a little reverb in front of it and it was fantastic.

Orange you going to ask me about my new amp? [biggrin][lol] :lol:

Here it is. It's a real monster.

8ae1f14c-1.jpg

Surf - Do you remember if you had any tube preferences for this amp? I have a pair of Mullard Reissue el84's in there along with a 5751 in v1 and one of the stock Chinese tubes in v2 and it's sounding pretty good.

Yeah, I had Tung-Sols in the pre-amp slots and JJ EL84s. I have Mullard EL84s in my Marshall though - hard to beat. Not too keen on the Chinese tubes, but hey, if it's sounding good, roll with it. You can always drop something better in V2 later.

Archived