Gibson Brands Forums

TC Electronics Pedal Noise.

Enmitygauged

I have for awhile been using a hall of flame and a Flashback in a pedal train. At the end of my pedals I have an ISP Decimator Noise gate. I got the gate because of my P90's and to kill noise quicker to add to the palm mute effect.

Now last night I was recording and noticed the noise I though was the p90's was actually in the pedals. So I went about killing the power one by one to each pedal until I worked out it was either of the two TC's I then seperated them and put a Keely Katana in the middle of them (Just because something needed to be there) and the noise stopped.

Has anyone else found this and what can I do about it.

What kind of power supply are you using? Digital pedals like those suck up a lot of mA and have issues if they don't have enough.

Yeah, I agree......I run the same two pedals......And, they overloaded a custom built Logsdon I use with other pedals....I resolved the issue by giving

the TC pedals their own isolated power supply........And filter your power supply....I use Monster units.....

The Monster Cable PRO 3500 is great......Just don't use it at outdoor gigs and use it for one rig......

Yeah, I agree......I run the same two pedals......And, they overloaded a custom built Logsdon I use with other pedals....I resolved the issue by giving

the TC pedals their own isolated power supply........And filter your power supply....I use Monster units.....

The Monster Cable PRO 3500 is great......Just don't use it at outdoor gigs and use it for one rig......

Cheers Guys I have been running a 1 spot the store keeps talking me out of getting a Voodoo Labs or Power Brick I even looked at a TREX Chameleon

Yeah I would definitely go for something like the Voodoo Labs PP2+ or Iso 5. Don't get a Dunlop DC brick, it's a daisy chain in a box and has lower mA output than a onespot so it will be even worse.

i ended up taking the cheap option the gator power box..... noise gone... one spot in the bin ...msp_thumbup.gif

Archived