Gibson Brands Forums

SG Deluxe 1999 (Help needed to identification)

Eric47

Hi everybody,

could someone help me to identify more precisely this model of SG Deluxe which is 1999 according to the serial number. The closest i've seen on the web concerns a very similar model but with an ice blue color and dot inlays. My model is black with rectangle inlays. Otherwise the main caracteristics are :

Serial number : 90709517

Maestro trem, 3 mini humbuckers, 6 positions switch, Gibson deluxe tuners.

i'd like to know if it's a limited serie and determine its second hand value.

Thanks in advance

Eric

post-44813-088776000 1340268759_thumb.jpg

Your Ebony Deluxe has a very vibe. Congrats.

Everything SG has pics of it, but the specs call for dots - http://www.everythingsg.com/index.php/deluxe.html

It's possible the colors Hellfire and Blue Ice came with dots and the Ebony came with rectangles.

Or possibly could've been a special order by a vendor or a limited run. Send in your serial number and a pic/s (2mb limit) to Gibson ( service@gibson.com ) and the might be able to tell you the specifics.

sgdeluxe_ebony.jpg

black%20deluxe.jpg

Thanks a lot for that precious and precise informations.

Eric

Your Ebony Deluxe has a very vibe. Congrats.

Everything SG has pics of it, but the specs call for dots - http://www.everythingsg.com/index.php/deluxe.html

It's possible the colors Hellfire and Blue Ice came with dots and the Ebony came with rectangles.

Or possibly could've been a special order by a vendor or a limited run. Send in your serial number and a pic/s (2mb limit) to Gibson ( service@gibson.com ) and the might be able to tell you the specifics.

sgdeluxe_ebony.jpg

black%20deluxe.jpg

Thanks a lot for that precious and precise informations.

Eric

The SG Deluxe from 1999-2000 was only available for around a year. Back then the MSRP was $2141. It was available in 3 finishes: Ebony, Ice Blue and Hellfire Red.

The SG Deluxe from 1999-2000 was only available for around a year. Back then the MSRP was $2141. It was available in 3 finishes: Ebony, Ice Blue and Hellfire Red.

Bob - maybe you could check again - look at this post - http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpost.php?p=8842110&postcount=3

Apparently limited editions in 1994 & 1997 with block/rectangle markers, then regular production in 1999 & 2000 with dot markers.

From the referenced post: ".... SG Deluxe from 97. They were only made in 94 & 97 - limited edition" -

SGdeluxe7b.jpg

Bob - maybe you could check again - look at this post - http://www.thegearpa...110&postcount=3

Apparently limited editions in 1994 & 1997 with block/rectangle markers, then regular production in 1999 & 2000 with dot markers.

From the referenced post: ".... SG Deluxe from 97. They were only made in 94 & 97 - limited edition" -

SGdeluxe7b.jpg

That is one sharp looking SG!

• 7 years later...

Hi Eric,

I bought a Blue Ice one in Australia new 2001. I was told it was 2000 model. It has the block inlays  not the dots. Looks exactly the same as your picture except blue in colour. I have seen them for sale between 1500 and 1850 Usd in good condition.

Cheers Craig 

Edited by CR572
More info