Gibson Brands Forums

EJ200 Joy...

Jinder

Last night I sat out in my back garden with some friends, a couple of bottles of good red wine to share and my EJ200 to pass around...I play for a living and am often gigging 5 nights out of 7, so I rarely play at home and am used to the sound of my guitars plugged-in (Fishman Matrix Infinity in the EJ200), but I really enjoyed playing the Epi last night.

Everyone was full of praise for the guitar in terms of tone, feel and looks, and my friends were incredulous when I told them how little the guitar cost me.

I love my Gibson and other top-enders I own, but there's something so satisfying about whipping out a guitar that cost a couple of hundred beans but sounds like a million dollars!

Coincidentally I had my EJ 200 out in the garden here in Farnham yesterday evening as well. There's something special about an acoustic in the open air on a warm evening.

Last night I sat out in my back garden with some friends, a couple of bottles of good red wine to share and my EJ200 to pass around...I play for a living and am often gigging 5 nights out of 7, so I rarely play at home and am used to the sound of my guitars plugged-in (Fishman Matrix Infinity in the EJ200), but I really enjoyed playing the Epi last night.

Everyone was full of praise for the guitar in terms of tone, feel and looks, and my friends were incredulous when I told them how little the guitar cost me.

I love my Gibson and other top-enders I own, but there's something so satisfying about whipping out a guitar that cost a couple of hundred beans but sounds like a million dollars!

I have 3 of these things, one is amazing...worth 10x what I paid.The other 2 , while not on a par with the 1st, are great "bang for the buck" guitars. I will part with my yamaha before I let the EPI's go.

StijnV

I'm pretty much of the same opinion of the PR5e. Even Gibson doesn't seem to have a comparable model since they dumped the CF-100e back in the '50s.

It's not worth beans if you're gonna bang on it, but even with 9-42 Zebras on it and run through an amp or board, it's marvelous playing and sounding for fingerpicking.

Actually, though, for purely acoustic I've got others including an AJ500me that is more appropriate for pure acoustic and back porch pickin'.

But for on stage solo? I don't know of another guitar that would feel, play and sound as nice - regardless the price.

(A rancher friend has the old CF-100e. You couldn't get it away from him with a platoon of Marines.)

m

Archived