Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Vs Traditional and SG 61reissue

awel

After anther try today, I think the following my most expensive guitar (Les Paul Custom black) is the one that I like the less against my Trad and my 61 SG reissue.

I don't know why but there is something disturbing me on the Custom.

Do some of you feel the same with your guitars?

I mean that your most expensive guitar is not your favourite.

My most expensive guitar is not my favourite. I think that's pretty normal. My 2008 R8 is my favourite guitar and (sadly) that's actually one of my cheaper ones.

What exactly don't you like about the Custom? Could just be the pickups. I had a 2007 LPC for a while and I did love it a lot at first but I began hating that 498 over time.

Difficult to say, but these pickup are not really smooth, I prefer the 57 pickup and the weight is really too heavy but it is more the general feel (my)

It's probably the stock pickups........Switch to 57s, or, go boutique..........

Perhaps I should go for a set of 57. But I think I will be more comfortable with a R8 but sadly it seems it is not thé right Time to sell High value instrument, and no one seems to be interested in à trade

Personally, I wouldn't spend money on '57s. Buy aftermarket pickups, like Wolfetones, or another winder. Much better pickups than Gibson's offerings.

I'll second the Wolfetones. Dr. V's or Marshallheads if you're looking for a little extra girth. Great guy, great pickups. I think they're around $130 uncovered each. Definitely worth the price though.

Archived