Gibson Brands Forums

NGD+OGD via Fred (J185-4Me )

JuanCarlosVejar

What a great story! Fred must have the patience of Job.

I love Ren's note on the top: "only for Fred's guitar". That's the kind of personal attention that made Ren who he will always be in the Gibson pantheon. I don't know if we'll ever see that level of personal involvement in projects at Gibson again. Ren is a pretty special guy.

Fred is one lucky, lucky man. (and his old NL is pretty cool, too!)

JC thanks for pointing us in the direction of this wonderful story. That's gotta be the truest definition of mojo I have heard in a long long time. Congrats Fred on such a cool experience and a truly remarkable couple of guitars.

JC thanks for pointing us in the direction of this wonderful story. That's gotta be the truest definition of mojo I have heard in a long long time. Congrats Fred on such a cool experience and a truly remarkable couple of guitars.

Thanks for the note, guys. I've been on holidays for a few weeks, on the road, and actually have the new Nick Lucas with me, I wanted to get to know it a bit better, so it's been with me through the mountains of British Columbia and across the prairies of Alberta and back into the Rocky Mtns again! So it's getting some mileage.

Interestingly, on this trip we also went to the East Coast and managed to stop in at a few guitar stores along the way, and got to meet John Thomas, and smudge up some of his guitars. In addition to my new Nick, I got to play two old vintage Nicks (another '28, and a '29) and a more recent Bozeman made one too.

Here's a pic of John and I playing his old Nick Lucas (which is a great guitar!) and a 1936 Century of Progress:

IMG_1357.jpg

And this is the new Nick Lucas built by Ren:

P1000046.jpg

It's sounding better every day!

Fred

Is that a Fishman "Fishstick" PA ? How'd it sound? Sounds like a great vacation - smudging up some of John's guitars - love it.

Lots of fun! And great therapy too!!

The Fishman system sounded pretty good, to me, and we both were FABULOUS as we consumed additional beverages....

Fred

Archived