Gibson Brands Forums

New PA on my way

sellen

So i got took it in my on hands and ordered an PA set.Up to now When rehearsing with the band, the vocal has gone in 3* 120watt Behringer monitors and the drums have had nothin'. Got tired off the feeling that i'm playing to loud as my 30watt Marshall bluesbreaker needs to be cranked up to shine, and i kinda dint hear the drums and vocal as good as i want.

So i ordered this set with Samson Powermixer 2*500 watt. 2*Fame Passive speakers with 15" speakers. 2* speaker Cables , 2* speaker stands. Got it in this bundle deal for 1200$.

Gonna put the vocal and drums in This PA set and those 3 Behringer monitors, i hope i can now crank my amp without not hearing drums and vocal [biggrin]

Heres a link to this bundle deal PA

Got little experience with PA so i don't know what to expect of this PA set

Any thoughts?

You are loud enough to bury the drums in sound? Ouch! You must be pushing some sound waves. For a small setup I like to only run vocals, and maybe kick drum, through the PA, but that's a personal preference.

You are loud enough to bury the drums in sound? Ouch! You must be pushing some sound waves. For a small setup I like to only run vocals, and maybe kick drum, through the PA, but that's a personal preference.

Well i crank up a 30 watt combo(2*12"), and i feel that bury the drums. Maybe i like the drums loud then

Nothing wrong with being loud; I prefer it, especially for amps that hit their sweet spot around the ruffling of clothes levels. My drummer and his drums are loud without being in Neanderthal territory so it allows me to turn up and be in bliss.

Awesome! A good PA is so great for the band.

My band upgraded our PA to a big powered speaker system and we blew one of the speakers out or something. It's crippled our practice sessions for the past couple weeks. Sucks!

It's important that everybody is heard, so a PA and good mixing is the way to go i guess.

gonna drive it carefully in the start, dont wanna blew it straight away [biggrin]

We've found very quickly that a PA capable of being louder than our group is key. We all play rather loud. Loud enough that people can feel the music. I just love the whole "120 decibles within 10 feet of the enclosure" stickers! We acquired a cheapie PA with two 15" bins with horns and a 300 watt PA amplifier and we've realized very quickly how much of a waste of money that was. We'll soon be investing close to a grand to be comfortable with the vocals. The poor drummer snaps trees like a lumberjack. It's definitely a balance of finances to sort out a decent PA.

I hope yours works out for you. I would love know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

We've found very quickly that a PA capable of being louder than our group is key. We all play rather loud. Loud enough that people can feel the music. I just love the whole "120 decibles within 10 feet of the enclosure" stickers! We acquired a cheapie PA with two 15" bins with horns and a 300 watt PA amplifier and we've realized very quickly how much of a waste of money that was. We'll soon be investing close to a grand to be comfortable with the vocals. The poor drummer snaps trees like a lumberjack. It's definitely a balance of finances to sort out a decent PA.

I hope yours works out for you. I would love know how it goes.

The PA was really loud and proud. Had only the drums and vocal in it. Next Sunday i gonna try the Bluesbreaker combo and the marshall jmp 2204 through the 1936v cabinet together. That gonna lift the roof in the barn [biggrin]

Cool to see how happy the drummer and vocalist got, they really did shine today through the new PA

Archived