Gibson Brands Forums

My new Epi

Dan41

Hi, I got this guitar in trade(I trade my peavey Windsor head and a old traynor cab 4x12 with celestion greenback) for this nice Epi les paul tribute 60's plus in midnight ebony

the guy just change the white pup for black pup and the white selector for black too, but he give me the white if i want to put back,

the only think why they said midnight ebony and it look more green and sometime blue. it depends of the light and when they start to make this model. because the serial in the back start with F303111.but on the web it say 2003 made in japan.and the serial not stamp but inside the wood just like Gibson

here some pic

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

i just want to say. WOW THIS GUITAR ROCK AND SOUND GREAT EVEN BETTER THAN A GIBSON LES PAUL STUDIO

Just wondering...

Is that really a flame top?? Coz I'm quite sure it looks more like a plain top, as I have one sitting in my room...

However, the truss rod cover said it's a Tribute+...

Also, as far as I know, the new Tribute+ comes with the new Epi logos now, but this is still the old one...

This is mine

PhotoCap_004.jpg

This is the Tribute+

2012-07-10-Epiphone-Les-Paul-Tribute-Plus-002.jpg

This is yours...

DSC00669.jpg

Kinda weird... :-k

i know it look weird. but 2 think

first mistake from epi for the truss rob cover

and when they start to make the first tribute 60 and the plus

because for me it look more plain top

Not trying to be a smarta$$, but thinking the possibility of that kind of mistake...

I dunno... [confused]

Not trying to be a smarta$$, but thinking the possibility of that kind of mistake...

I dunno... [confused]

it not you fault. my english is not very good when i write because I'm french canadien.But you probably right. i just want to know if epi make a mistake. because the first owner put a black truss rod cover. but he keep the original truss rod cover and me i put back. and he keep the original white plastic too for the pick-up too and i will probably put he back. but your tribute does it look sometime green depending on the light

thanks again

it not you fault. my english is not very good when i write because I'm french canadien.But you probably right. i just want to know if epi make a mistake. because the first owner put a black truss rod cover. but he keep the original truss rod cover and me i put back. and he keep the original white plastic too for the pick-up too and i will probably put he back. but your tribute does it look sometime green depending on the light

thanks again

Well, in this case, I might contact the original owner about where and when did he bought his. It's not necessary a fake, but just seemed a little bit fishy, how it's a 1960 Tribute Plain top, but he claims it's a Tribute plus model...

Yes, my generally gives a greenish black/grey colour, that's how the Trans black looks. However, I've also seen some that has a much darker finish, and cannot see the wood grain very well. So the finish depends from time to time, I chose between a few before I got mine, coz I want more trans to see the wood grain.

Well, in this case, I might contact the original owner about where and when did he bought his. It's not necessary a fake, but just seemed a little bit fishy, how it's a 1960 Tribute Plain top, but he claims it's a Tribute plus model...

Yes, my generally gives a greenish black/grey colour, that's how the Trans black looks. However, I've also seen some that has a much darker finish, and cannot see the wood grain very well. So the finish depends from time to time, I chose between a few before I got mine, coz I want more trans to see the wood grain.

thank for the reply. i just send some pic to gibson to have more info with the serial number. but i would like to know if your serial begin with F just like me and my serial is not stamped, but Impressed into back of headstock, but i have some difficulty to read because when they paint the headstock the almost filled the serial and thanks again

Archived