Gibson Brands Forums

help me need fast answer please

Dan41

Hi, I have the chance to have this guitar (1980 epiphone Genesis Custom in dark sunburst)

I ask this because i put ads on Kijiji to trade all those guitar for some Epiphone model

here the link of my ads

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-your-Epiphone-for-all-this-W0QQAdIdZ406922555

I just want to know if i do a good trade for all my guitar I list in my ads for this Old genesis custom and the guitar look in very good shape every think original but the guy have do not have the hardcase

can you help me please i just want to know if this guitar is work the trade and i know the guitar is pretty heavy

thanks

Is there anyway you can post pics of the Genesis?

IMO, you are giving up too much for that one guitar. But the decision has to be yours. If you really want the guitar, and do not care about giving up that small collection you have than make the trade.

Value is in the mind of the beholder. [biggrin]:-k

Is there anyway you can post pics of the Genesis?

IMO, you are giving up too much for that one guitar. But the decision has to be yours. If you really want the guitar, and do not care about giving up that small collection you have than make the trade.

Value is in the mind of the beholder. [biggrin]:-k

here the link of the guy who want to make the trade

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-1980-Epiphone-Genesis-W0QQAdIdZ406530889

Looks like a really nice guitar. I don't know what you should do. Like I said, I wouldn't do it. But then, I don't want a Genesis. And You DO want a Genesis. So you need to decide for yourself if YOU think it's worth it or not. [biggrin]

Anybody else want to give an opinion? What do y'all [confused] think?

thanks again for the fast reply. i know it seem i'm giving alot of guitar for this one, but the peavey I don't use anymore, the granada les paul same, the horner with the floyd i don't shred anymore but I can use my two real fender strat and the partcaster same as the 2 first one I don't use anymore and the acoustic the same and i still have other guitar i use. like my 2 real fender strat, my Godin LG Signature serie and 2 Epiphone, my 1960 tribute and my classic one. and if the Genesis look better than the picture it worht near 700$ according to the blue book and all my guitar i put on my ads worth almost the same. i will decide tonight if I decide to do the trade

It looks in fantastic condition for a 30+ year old geet Dan, I'm not sure if the reissue is coming out with such a beautifully 'aged' finish (which IS truly handsome), & I have no idea whether your items would readily garner +$500 (the reported price of the reissue) if sold separately where you are... BUT, that is one mojo packed geet, so I'm glad you followed your heart & picked up this amazing piece of Epi history [thumbup]

& just in case you missed this thread:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/81917-epiphone-genesis-reissue-review-demo/page__view__findpost__p__1120619

EDIT: The streetprice on the reissues actually looks like being $500 PLUS $89 for the very cool hardcase!

Cheers,

Archived