Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Taking On PRS ???

JuanCarlosVejar

I like it too...I'd play one. But, then again, I'm not an uber-traditionalist when it comes to electrics.

Sadly, most of the electric guitar buyers out there seem to want a Les Paul, SG, 335, Strat or Tele...or maybe a PRS for the bling factor. I think this might be a tough sell to those folks, as it's a Gibson which doesn't look "like one", so to speak.

Hopefully it'll do well and not join the likes of the Nighthawk and Bluesbird (anyone else ever play one of those? Ludicrously excellent guitars, now discontinues) on the pile that reads "a nice idea, but back to the drawing board we go".

It just looks like a Les Paul doublecut, albeit with an upper bout that is perhaps somewhat extended and with the pickup switch up there rather than down with the pots. I don't really see anything especially radical apart from the colour. Don't think the pickup switch looks right there, but it might appeal to singlecut LP lovers who expect to find it there. Somehow not the prettiest Gibson ever, but not exactly out there with the Moderne for novelty.

Archived