Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Junior and the Historic reissue Les Paul Junior- differences?

jimmyl51

Can those of you in the know tell me exactly what the difference is between the Les Paul Junior with the single pickup on it that I just saw at the local GuitarCenter versus the historic reissue version? I am seeing a $2000 difference and want to know what I would be getting for the extra $2000 if I was to order the more expensive instrument from say Musicians Friend for example..........Thanks, jim in Oklahoma City at Tinker AFB

Still thinking about the historic L.P. Junior versus the non-historic version. Man I really love that 'faded'cherry finish on Axe's Junior. Too bad you can't order that finish today be it historic or non-historic. Such is life ;>).........jim in Oklahoma City

Axe by the way I agree with you regarding Guitar Center. At least it is no problem returning the guitar if one is not satisfied with it. It seems that Gibson is really only dealing with them be it G.C. or Musician's Friend or Music123...........they are all the same company. jim in Oklahoma City

Axe, The junior in your picture that is sitting just above that black Les Paul is not your guitar correct as the volume and tone knobs are different? Eddie's Guitars told me that the Les Paul Junior in faded cherry that they referred to is actually at the Guitar Center in Boston which won't do me any good as I'm in Oklahoma City and I can't actually see it unfortunately. I called that Guitar Center and as usual they are not the brightest bulbs on this planet so I guess I will continue with my hunt somewhere else. jim

Archived