Gibson Brands Forums

Isle of Man TT

slavestate

it means tourist trophy. Its motorcycle racing on normal roads.

Last time I went was 2000, absolutely love it. But yes it is madness.

It's absolutely insane. These riders rip through the course going full throttle and coming close to near death. It's incredible to watch and I suggest checking it out.

I went a few years ago. I went over the mountain at 140 and others came past like I was standing still. It's a must to go and experience it though. The 'balls' of the riders is amazing. If you think you've seen exitement in a sport. You've seen nothing until you've been to the TT. On coming back to England I realised how bad the roads and drivers were here. Plus, camera's everywhere. So after a short while I gave up riding. My son being shunted from behind by a bus added to it. I think the standard of driving is at it's lowest ever here in the UK now and the amount of illegal drivers is shocking. They say 1 in 3 of drivers may be unisured. Yet you hardly see a Police car on patrol with cutbacks.

On coming back to England I realised how bad the roads and drivers were here. Plus, camera's everywhere. So after a short while I gave up riding. My son being shunted from behind by a bus added to it. I think the standard of driving is at it's lowest ever here in the UK now and the amount of illegal drivers is shocking. They say 1 in 3 of drivers may be unisured. Yet you hardly see a Police car on patrol with cutbacks.

He mate....why do you always take the opportunity to rubbish our country? Don't know what stats you are looking at but from what I've read the UK still ranks pretty high in safety and on insurance....come on 1 in 3 cars uninsured.? Sounds a bit alarmist to me, particulary as you can't tax a car now without insurance and no tax and you get your car crushed ! [cursing]

It's a legendary race meet

Maybe the most daring-scary-skillful bike event in the world

There are stories though about the 'open sessions' when any Tom,D!ck,Harry can hair around the course with others

At warp speed :blink:

V

:-({|=

Yes I think its called mad Sunday...for obvious reasons..However I understand the police are getting a bit fed up with this and enforcing localised speed limits plus dangerous driving penalties ( there are no National Speed limits on the Isle of Man just local ones). However it's held at the end of May so I'm a little confused [flapper]

He mate....why do you always take the opportunity to rubbish our country? Don't know what stats you are looking at but from what I've read the UK still ranks pretty high in safety and on insurance....come on 1 in 3 cars uninsured.? Sounds a bit alarmist to me, particulary as you can't tax a car now without insurance and no tax and you get your car crushed ! [cursing]

I don't just rubbish the country. But the roads are in the worst condition they've been in my 53 years and the standard of driving is abysmal. Every time I drive I see people running red lights and that is the worst thing for a biker because of being hit. How many junctions do you pass where the driver nudges the front of their car over the line?

I hate it when people just sit back and let things happen. You need to voice your dissatisfaction with the problems in your country or nothing gets changed.

Insurance problem.

..and yes, I'm from Birmingham.

....and while I'm here. How can young drivers even afford to insure a car in the UK anyhow? I know of cases of insurance companies wanting £3k for a years insurance. My son asked me if he could have one of my bikes when he was 17. A Kawasaki KR1 250cc. The best quote he could get was £1700!! That was 14 years ago too, so imagine the cost now!

The greed of the big corporations is breaking the working man. I won't get political as I know it's not allowed on here, but This country is in the worst state I've know it in my lifetime. I should imagine most others are too. Is the USA as bad? How much is insurance for young drivers there?

Don't get me started over Apple either!! Grrr.

Archived