Gibson Brands Forums

Concerned about neck

Johngreer

Well I ordered an epiphone Les Paul jr which came today. it looks amazing but where the neck meets the body there is quite a big gap and I can see the screws which are going into the neck and I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that. Can someone help me fix this? I just don't want to do anything without knowing what to do if you know what I mean :L

Well I ordered an epiphone Les Paul jr which came today. it looks amazing but where the neck meets the body there is quite a big gap and I can see the screws which are going into the neck and I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that. Can someone help me fix this? I just don't want to do anything without knowing what to do if you know what I mean :L

Can you post a pic?

Then we can tell you for sure if it's supposed to be like that.

But without a pic, it's kind of impossible. [crying]

Yeah, not that good of a pic, but good enough to tell that there is something wrong.

There is a a lot of space between there. And that certainly should not be that way.

If you can get your money back, I would. [unsure]

Before you send it back you might want to try and tighten those screws. That's all it looks like to me.

It will definitely lower the action a lot, so if you're not comfortable doing some setup work, returning it is the best option.

If you are going to tighten the screws, loosen the strings until there is no tension. Put the guitar face down on a thick towel and use a phillips screw driver to tighten the screws. That will close the gap in the bottom of the neck.

DON'T SLIP WITH THE SCREW DRIVER. THIS WILL SCRATCH THE GUITAR AND MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RETURN.

From that photo it seems a pretty big gap. I'd be tempted to slacken the string tension and tighten the screws to see if it fixes the issue before sending it back.

I'm baffled as to how whoever you bought that from could have shipped it off in that condition? Did you buy it from a shop? is it new?

Archived