Gibson Brands Forums

free tuner with select archtops

crust

So, I ordered a ES-355 (Pelham blue) from zzounds. This guitar will be my 60th birthday present to myself. It is on back order (expected delivery is January 2013). I noticed that Epiphone has a promotion for a free head stock tuner on select arch top guitars. I wonder why, the finest Epiphone arch top (the ES-355) wasn't included in this promotion. It would be nice to get an electronic tuner for what I am sure will be a fine guitar.

So, I ordered a ES-355 (Pelham blue) from zzounds. This guitar will be my 60th birthday present to myself. It is on back order (expected delivery is January 2013). I noticed that Epiphone has a promotion for a free head stock tuner on select arch top guitars. I wonder why, the finest Epiphone arch top (the ES-355) wasn't included in this promotion. It would be nice to get an electronic tuner for what I am sure will be a fine guitar.

HNGD !! Epi Dots are great guitars! [thumbup] I bet that pelham blue is going to look awesome.

And HAPPY BIRTHDATY!!!

I believe you answered your question inside your question.

Because it is one of their finest arch tops and maybe it's their best seller in that category. That is precisely why they wouldn't have a promotion for that model. Promotions are done to move product. It they don't need to move Dots as much as the other models, than why would they offer that promotion for the Dot? [confused]

They won't need any help moving those pelham blues........

Don't forget to post pics when yours comes in! [thumbup]

I can understand that promotions are used to "move product". It's kind of an offput that they don't give something extra to someone who foregoes the "select models" and chooses the finest guitar Epiphone offers over the other Epiphone archtop guitars available.

I guess I'm just a little ***** boy. [laugh][biggrin][cursing]

lol @ *****

Crust...

Yeah, my little sister and little brother both are older than you are. <grin>

Gotta admit I doggone bawled when my little sis the ballerina hit 65 this summer.

Brockton? Hmmmm. My folks were in Cambridge a cupla years while Dad was in grad school, and I was off at boarding school or college and had the folkies in Harvard Square to listen to on vacations...

Still, that was the worst culture shock I've experienced. Period.

m

Archived