Gibson Brands Forums

hello, 339

Don.

I took some pics, meaning to post them, not sure how. (red faced smiley here).

It's got an interesting figure on the top. Not what I would call 'figured' exactly, but not plain either.

Also, it's got that fresh nitro smell someone else posted about. I LUV it!

Wait a minute..... Guytar1.

Did you mean the neck pickup. And' date=' duh, is it that simple.....

Doh.....

And then, why are they building them wrong. Or is there a reason.

I need a beer.

Murph.[/quote']Yep Murph ,it's that simple. I've seen many reviews from customers complaining about the fact that the neck pup tilts drasticly down on the fingerboard end of the pickup,thus creating a more "single coil tone". whether this is true or not may depend on the persons ears... but I rotated mine anyway. looks fine. always reversible too. as is my Bigsby-no xtra holes. have a couple brews for me

They seem to have put different mounting rings on the 339 so it's less of a problem. The rings on my 339 are thinner than the Gibson replacement part rings I used for my Epiphone (both neck and bridge).

As for the tilt, all I needed to do was raise the screw polepieces a tad and it seems to be more even. Not as much of a problem as it can be on a 335 (Clapton turned his ring around, too).

Congrats Don. Don't forget to rotate the bridge pup ring 180 degrees... that will flatten out that pup' date=' if thats a concern for you. I put a Bigsby on mine, pretty hip. Kinda "poor mans' Johnny A".

[/quote']

Thanks for that tip. My neck p/u (I think that's what you meant) is indeed at quite an angle, will try switching it next string change. That bigsby looks cool, btw.

Archived