Gibson Brands Forums

hummingbird koa clip

JuanCarlosVejar

Gotta say, nothing special. Firstly, too much talk with the good Rabii Johns and in the second clip it sounded very brigth, with little warmth, didnt move me.

Gibson, getter a better demo guy who will play some cowboy chords like the rest of the world ..... yes, Ive had a couple. <_<

edit : For Nick a J 45 double custom :

I actually love Robi's playing style, and this J-45 custom is a great-sounding guitar.

It's given me a new idea of how to represent my old J-45:

"1948-1950 J-45 custom. Honduras back and sides. Brazilian fretboard and bridge. L-5 style headstock inlaid with abalone script Gibson logo and abalone flowerpot. Headstock bound with alternating layers of ivory/ebony/ivory/ebony/ivory.

Custom abalone fretboard inlays in unique design. Bone nut, saddle, and custom Colosi vintage bone pins. Abalone-inlaid bone endpin. One owner for the last 45 years."

Makes it sound like a million bucks, doesn't it? [biggrin]

(Seriously, I think those are both gorgeous guitars.)

thewholething.jpg

headstock.jpg

I actually thought it sounded promising. And mister J. played a bit harder than the J-45 something test we had up recently. You can hear the guitar is still factory-stiff, but given time I believe this could be an amazing acoustic. Not for my herd, , , but met in room first time you go home with a woman f.x. How exotic it would be to pick it up in situation like that and play her a tune – for then to get one back of course.

The other Koa had - as we see - spruce top and k-sides. Sounded very rich, almost too fat in the clip. Big guitar though and it would be good to A/B those 2. A bit conventional here, I might settle for the spruce topped, , , then again a surprise reaction could be thrilling.

Nick – admit I had a clean giggle when I saw you relaunch the psychedelic 45 (then again wasn't it about time).

Is it newly taken pics or some of those seen before. Naturally I liked both the green snake, the silent clay bell and the yellow leaves, which especially in shot 1 blends fine with the hue of your burst. The real trippy thing tho, is the shoulders in the shoulders. . . .

Nick – admit I had a clean giggle when I saw you relaunch the psychedelic 45 (then again wasn't it about time).

Is it newly taken pics or some of those seen before. Naturally I liked both the green snake, the silent clay bell and the yellow leaves, which especially in shot 1 blends fine with the hue of your burst. The real trippy thing tho, is the shoulders in the shoulders. . . .

Heh, heh, heh....

Archived