Gibson Brands Forums

D'Lay Pedal Build

bluesguitar65

Here is my latest PT2399 delay pedal build. This one sounds more tape echo sounding than the other PT2399 delay I built, the PT80.

Nice build, BG65. So, I went in and looked at the cost of these kits and am hoping you and others can tell me more about the benefits of going this route vs. buying comparable pedals? Like, what kit would be similar to a MXR Carbon Copy, is there a cost advantage, tone and option differences, etc? I understand the gratification that comes from building something yourself, but I would have hoped the kits weren't as expensive.

Thanks!

Tim

The Carbon Copy is an analog delay with modulation and isn't really similar to this.

This build would be more comparable (though not the same as) a Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay.

If you want to build something on the cheap, you're going to have to source the parts yourself. The kits are all going to be expensive.

Nice build, BG65. So, I went in and looked at the cost of these kits and am hoping you and others can tell me more about the benefits of going this route vs. buying comparable pedals? Like, what kit would be similar to a MXR Carbon Copy, is there a cost advantage, tone and option differences, etc? I understand the gratification that comes from building something yourself, but I would have hoped the kits weren't as expensive.

Thanks!

Tim

Well, for me building pedals is a growing hobby. I've always like tinkering on things, just like building a computer and such. The kits may cost more than a similar retail unit, but it does look cool having a couple of unknown no brand mystery pedals on your pedalboard. Also, some kits are clones of pedals that are no longer made. The advantage of purchasing kits is saving your time hunting down and sourcing the needed parts. A good place to purchase kits at a good price is General Guitar Gadgets, easy builds.

The Carbon Copy is an analog delay with modulation and isn't really similar to this.

This build would be more comparable (though not the same as) a Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay.

If you want to build something on the cheap, you're going to have to source the parts yourself. The kits are all going to be expensive.

Hey dubs just placed an order for those PT2399 at ebay. [flapper] [flapper]

Archived