Gibson Brands Forums

Best Major City In The World To Be A Blues Fingerpicker?

BluesKing777

Background:

Every year somehow Melbourne Australia gets voted as the 'World's Most Liveable City' by probably the Leaders of Melbourne - some dubious poll based on distance to work plus income plus parks plus beach plus but TOTALLY ignoring the dreary weather.

So for a bit of lightheartedness among the political and musical darkness, where is the best Major City for a blues fingerpicker to be? Good pay, conditions......

Add a reason if you want! And other cities I forgot please....sorry to offend those not mentioned.....

BluesKing777.

EDIT: I picked Paris!

But Bill Bryson says "He loves France but the only trouble with France is the........"

Background:

Every year somehow Melbourne Australia gets voted as the 'World's Most Liveable City' by probably the Leaders of Melbourne - some dubious poll based on distance to work plus income plus parks plus beach plus but TOTALLY ignoring the dreary weather.

So for a bit of lightheartedness among the political and musical darkness, where is the best Major City for a blues fingerpicker to be? Good pay, conditions......

Add a reason if you want! And other cities I forgot please....sorry to offend those not mentioned.....

BluesKing777.

EDIT: I picked Paris!

But Bill Bryson says "He loves France but the only trouble with France is the........"

My wife says that too, but I really rather like them. You just have to give as good as you get, and apart from the Lepénistes and a few uptight conservatives on both monarchist (tend to lose their heads a bit) and republican (they tend to be de Gaulled by laughter at their chauvinism) sides, they usually take it with good humour. My year living in Paris was the best, and I've been lucky to live in several really nice cities. So I also picked Paris too. Budapest would be a close second if included. Now for a blues picker with kids, the answer might be different, both for first and second spot. Cities might be out entirely.

Lookin' a lot like Paris! My original vote - not many coming in...

Where the Beatles first heard the Blues and acoustic music?

Better Half would be happy (smoker) - smoke anywhere, anytime in Paris?

Dog happy - poop anywhere anytime and not have to pick it up in Paris???

BluesKing777.

Archived