Gibson Brands Forums

about to green light a vintage restoration

ParlourMan

I'm betting the intonation is WAY off with the bridge positioned as it is. I'm assuming it is floating and just not properly located.

What is visible is pretty nice however, showing little sign of wear. What's wrong with the fretboard? First-position wear not visible here?

How about a picture of the whole guitar?

I'm betting the intonation is WAY off with the bridge positioned as it is. I'm assuming it is floating and just not properly located.

What is visible is pretty nice however, showing little sign of wear. What's wrong with the fretboard? First-position wear not visible here?

How about a picture of the whole guitar?

Older pics not taken by me, Nick, and yes Intonation was way off... the lower part of the fretboard has had play and there's some fretboard damage, indentations etc... frets are fairly rubbish too. All things considered I was expecting "it needs a new neck" so the diagnosis isn't as bad as I expected. The body is just lovely though, which is the main reason for going down this road. As it stands just now it would make a wicked ornament but a bit of TLC and it should be playable and sound pretty nifty.

Archived