Gibson Brands Forums

Epi G-400 Custom Q

BatHead

I know someone in another forum says he recently bought an Epi G-400 Custom (from his description) and says he bought it for $600 NEW. (ahem)

I have two questions, as I suspect he got ripped -

When was the G-400 custom discontinued, and how much did it cost on average when new? The guy said "his brother's friend" gave him an 80 dollar discount and a free cord with it. (What a bargain ,eh?)

EDIT: Now he says he bought it from a store and said his brother's friend said it was new, and it was in the new section of the store. Not sure if his brother's friend worked at the store or was just along for the ride.

I'm just concerned that a store took advantage of a newb and overcharged him for a OOP guitar. Did they?

I wasn't aware they'd been discontinued though...

I wasn't either. Came as a bit of a surprise. In fact, a lot of their long running guitars seem to be out of production.

It might have to do with the emergence of the pro and plus series they are coming out with in so many of their

standard models.

Anyway, here is their "out of production" list:

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Out-of-Production.aspx

(the G-400 Custom has been added)

Willy

I think they're still producing them in small batches occasionally.....saw a new one on Sweetwater guitar gallery not long ago...$499 w/55 point inspection, setup, and free shipping within the 48.

someone charged $100 for playing "middle-man" it sounds like.

but they're sweet doggone guitars...had mine in the stand, plugged in & warming up when I saw this thread !!

GarysCam178.jpg

wow !....every time I play this guitar i'm blown away with the "treble bleed" and overall great sound of the stock p'ups.....the bridge unit is actually one of best I have for being "non twinky" !.....all 3 are clear but full, with just a slight start of muffling on the neck p'up.

every SG owner needs one of these

Archived