Gibson Brands Forums

CS336

marbleheader2013

• 3 months later...

I am toying with the idea of changing the stock pu's with TV Jones Classic. Thoughts?

Also, what upgraded tuners would retain the same look as stock and not require any drilling/wood-working?

Upgrading to a bone nut?

Upgrading the bridge and tail to?

Thank you

Just saw this thread and it's been enough months you may have already made the changes you indicated above but as an owner of the CS-336 myself - I would not change a single thing. I bought this guitar after playing through it at the local Gibson dealer and the reason I spent as much as I did at the time was because I loved the guitar for exactly the way it felt and sounded and I want to keep her all original. To me there is no need to improve anything here - but it's your guitar and I respect everybody's right to do whatever they want to their own gear. But I would worry about re-sale value if you make too many changes unless you're planning on keeping the guitar the rest of your life then of course it doesn't matter. Rock on! [cool]

• 1 month later...

A few months later and you get another reply.

I'm with the Rev, I own a CS 336 and would not change the pickups, bridge or tailpiece. A bone nut, yeah maybe if the nut on it isn't cut real well and the strings stick. Tuners, maybe again only if you are having problems with the tuners slipping or something. I've had mine since January of '03 and never had any problems with it. [thumbup]

• 2 months later...

A few months later and you get another reply.

I'm with the Rev, I own a CS 336 and would not change the pickups, bridge or tailpiece. A bone nut, yeah maybe if the nut on it isn't cut real well and the strings stick. Tuners, maybe again only if you are having problems with the tuners slipping or something. I've had mine since January of '03 and never had any problems with it. [thumbup]

I'm with Twang and the Rev. My CS 336 sounds, feels and looks fantastic. The only problem I've had is that the G string nut groove needs a little filing to help the string hold its tune better. I play it through a Mesa amp. The best sound I've ever gotten out of an electric guitar!

Archived