Gibson Brands Forums

A good bet if your looking for a Brazilian Guitar..

merseybeat1963

Some members have voiced a want of someday getting a Brazilian Rosewood guitar.

Dispite what the Buy it now is $5k should take this (My DS was $4500 in mint cond but back is not quite as pretty as this)

Huss & Dalton I was told had a serious fire about a year ago...wonder if it was something to do with they're use of Hide glue which they had recently started using a couple of years ago.

Im not sure what year this is but these guys were producing guitars in 2009-10 as good as pre War Martin versions & is worth consideration.

I swear I believe they sound better as a race compared to Collings & Santa Cruz.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Owned-Huss-and-Dalton-TDR-Custom-Adirondack-Spruce-and-Brazilian-Rosewood-/300836874016?pt=Guitar&hash=item460b466720

I like my Huss and Dalton OM. It is the smallest guitar I own, but it is plenty loud. It is rosewood, but don't know what kind. I bought it from Toby Walker a few years ago. You can see him play it on YouTube doing "Sweet Georgia Brown". He has another one that looks close to mine, but it is mahogany. Mine has a clear pick guard. His has a black one.

Rich

Here's another with Toby playing what is now my H&D. Somehow, I can't make it sound like this

[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-wkACzhGM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just like they have always said....The tone is in the fingers of the player....[laugh]

My guitar teacher (RIP) was like that.....Everyone always said that if he stretched 'strings over a bath tub'.....He would make it sound good. I only wish more of that had rubbed off on me[woot] !

That is some sweet pickin' on an acoustic....[thumbup]

I have known Toby for a few years. I met him through a mutual friend. I can say he is as good a person as he is a guitar player. If you ever get a chance to catch a show, do it. He plays many different styles on a bunch of different guitars. He has a few Gibsons in his stable. He has two instructional videos out also.

We have jammed in small groups and he never takes over, just fills in with incredible solos when it's his turn. When I first heard him play the Delta blues style it took me right back to those days in the 60's that made me want to play a guitar.

Rich

Archived