Gibson Brands Forums

amplifier trouble , as50

blindboygrunt

I had the exact same problem with my AS-50. Took it back and replaced it for the AS-100D as were just looking at gigging and needing a bigger amp.

However you should be able to take it back and if its under warranty they will fix it, otherwise you will need to get the part.

no warranty mate , bought second hand last year sometime .... there doesnt seem to be a specific tank for the as50 .... is it just a matter of getting one the right size ?

thanks

Cant help you there as mine was under warranty and I had mine replaced. I would take it to a guitar shop and get a quote for the replacement part.

Hey bbg, I looked it up and found this relacement tank....

http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/marshall-reverb-unit-8db2c1d-zr94

Assuming it is the tank.....I would replace it with the Marshall short tank above. That being said, there are other components in the signal path that could be the 'issue'

Not sure of your abilities, but, you could try cleaning the reverb pot as well as the send/return cable connections to the tank as well as the chassis with a good contact cleaner. There is a way to test the reverb tank (after removal) with an ohms meter to determine if it is shot.

That being said, if all else fails, a trip to the amp doctor may be needed.....:huh:

Good luck!

What do you guys use on yours EA just guitar and vocals?

Yep, pretty much, two mikes and two guitars (when needed).

I also run a looper through the back input to provide some rhythm when doing a bit of lead.

My vocalist uses the vocal room reverb and I use a bit of reverb for the guitar, just subtle.

Archived