Gibson Brands Forums

Upcoming Music Villa Reviews

JuanCarlosVejar

well the one on the right looks familiar [biggrin] The fingerboard is interesting...I've not seen that shade of ebony before [rolleyes] Any specifics on that one...is that an L-00? And what is the fingerboard?

it's Mother Of Toilet Seat !!! (perloid)

it's an L Century Of Progress ( based on Elvis Costello's original 30's model)

here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S6AwRm-xqE

JC

haha...I take it you're not a fan of perloid [laugh]

not really sure how I feel about it...it's different for sure.

Thanks for the links guys -

actually I love the way perloid looks . I ordered a lefty Elvis Century of progress a few months back ... it's still is progress .

Mother of Toilet Seat is just another common name for it because some toilet seats are made from perloid =D .

Don R @ Gibson said they don't normally do these in lefty so this is probably the only one that is going to be lefty

JC

The one on the left looks like a J-100 original, but with bound '100 'guard & block inlays. That is some dark rosewood in back. And it looks like the bridge pins follow the contour of the bridge(?),which sports 4 ribbons, '200-style. True to the way that Gibson has been doing the True Vintage line, this one seems to be a mix of specs & features.

JC; Thanks for turning us on to Music Villa. 'Just finished poking around at their website. The Acoustic Letter & Videos seem to be the closest thing to a Guitar Channel that's out there, at this point. Including some good laughs, too (thereby differentiating themselves from some of the vintage shoppes, which can tend to be a bit stuffy, sometimes).

Juan Carlos: did you ever think of all the future generations of guitar players who'll be thankful that you had all of these lefties put out, however eventually, into circulation? See? Sometimes GAS is a good thing!

The one on the left looks like a J-100 original, but with bound '100 'guard & block inlays. That is some dark rosewood in back. And it looks like the bridge pins follow the contour of the bridge(?),which sports 4 ribbons, '200-style. True to the way that Gibson has been doing the True Vintage line, this one seems to be a mix of specs & features.

JC; Thanks for turning us on to Music Villa. 'Just finished poking around at their website. The Acoustic Letter & Videos seem to be the closest thing to a Guitar Channel that's out there, at this point. Including some good laughs, too (thereby differentiating themselves from some of the vintage shoppes, which can tend to be a bit stuffy, sometimes).

Juan Carlos: did you ever think of all the future generations of guitar players who'll be thankful that you had all of these lefties put out, however eventually, into circulation? See? Sometimes GAS is a good thing!

I have given a great deal of thought into that . I mean lefty players want

To walk into a guitar store and find a few gems also . So I'm glad that

Maybe a lefty rockstar or a lefty average joe will get one of these things.

It really thrills me that these will one day be vintage well worn and honestly played.

I sure hope a lefty in the future who likes mother of toilet seat finds

My elvis costello model .

JC

Glad you liked the acoustic letter and music villa channel it's great and some sweet info and reviews .

the super jumbo is actually a Sj 200 Western Prewar Classic here is the link :

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Blogs/Gibson-Acoustic-Blog/March-2009/The-SJ-200-Western-Classic,-for-That-Vintage,--Pre.aspx

JC

This Tony does a fair job, his comparison of J-45 TV/Standard bracings made me subscribe and I look forward to his clips.

Costello is good company too. . .

Saw him at an outdoor gig a few years ago – when it started to rain the band threw themselves in an improvised rendition of, , , , Rain (with the right bass-feel).

Raw power, man. . . .

Archived