Gibson Brands Forums

Strange avatar problem

KVL

I'm no newbie to forums and changing an avatar, but this is weird...

I removed my old avatar, deleted my cookies, logged out, logged in and changed my avatar... But the old one is still showing up in my posts.

WTH? Why wont my new one post?

It's within size constraints, and it shows on my profile, but oddly my posts show the old one. I don't get it. Can anybody help?

Were you able to solve your avitar problem?

If not - maybe you were changing your photo, the one on your profile, and not your avitar that shows on your posts. Two seperate choices on the edit profile page.

If so - never mind.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do you put in an avatar? I am new to forums and could use some help with it.

Thanks

Click on your name to get to your own profile, then chose "edit my profile" and look for "change avatar" or something along those lines.

I'm no newbie to forums and changing an avatar, but this is weird...

I removed my old avatar, deleted my cookies, logged out, logged in and changed my avatar... But the old one is still showing up in my posts.

WTH? Why wont my new one post?

It's within size constraints, and it shows on my profile, but oddly my posts show the old one. I don't get it. Can anybody help?

I've worked with Oracle Application Web Server software and it could be due to certain settings dealing with the cache assuming you saved the new one correctly. It's like deleting a picture from facebook but the picture still hangs around all over the web on other servers.

Archived