Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie question about Gibson p'ups

KVL

Kevin...

I think backing off a while is a good decision...

I'll add that the amp(s) you may have used at a guitar store almost certainly are not the amps you're playing at home... and that the way some settings are handled at the store ain't what you're going to be doing at home.

Bottom line... well, I'm an old man who still suffers from significant GAS (guitar acquisition syndrome - if you didn't already catch that), but... I came to learn that an electric guitar just ain't a one-piece instrument.

Enjoy the craft...

m

Kevin...

I think backing off a while is a good decision...

I'll add that the amp(s) you may have used at a guitar store almost certainly are not the amps you're playing at home... and that the way some settings are handled at the store ain't what you're going to be doing at home.

Bottom line... well, I'm an old man who still suffers from significant GAS (guitar acquisition syndrome - if you didn't already catch that), but... I came to learn that an electric guitar just ain't a one-piece instrument.

Enjoy the craft...

m

Yes that what it is in a nutshell.

For the tone there are 3 factors:

#1 The guitar

#2 The Amp

#3 The Fingers

Now, always try the guitar with the same amp you are playing and do your own

preferred settings and/or effects.And: as I've heard long time ago from

someone : "Do not let them "Hendrix" your guitar, which means letting you play through

a top of the line expensive amp and have it set for a fantastic sound.

Is anybody really reading?

He does say he played all of those guitars with the same amp he has at home.

LOL!

I can be long winded, so maybe it was missed, but yes, I made sure to try them out on the same amp I have with similar settings.

Archived