Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Classic Custom - are the inlays "snot green"?

bobv

Since the guitar has been discontinued it seems the only way to get one is online. :-k I agree that the recent Classic line has "snot green" inlays that turned me off. I'm not saying it's a dealbreaker but I would like to know if anyone has seen/played the Les Paul Classic Custom and noticed whether the inlays were green or the standard white/pearl colored acrylic?

Also does it come with a pickguard loose in the case? If so I hope it doesn't say "1960" like the regular Classics do.

Since the guitar has been discontinued it seems the only way to get one is online. :-k I agree that the recent Classic line has "snot green" inlays that turned me off. I'm not saying it's a dealbreaker but I would like to know if anyone has seen/played the Les Paul Classic Custom and noticed whether the inlays were green or the standard white/pearl colored acrylic?

Also does it come with a pickguard loose in the case? If so I hope it doesn't say "1960" like the regular Classics do.

The inlays are NOT snot green. On the Silverburst LP Classic Custom guitar of the week for example, they are quite white. I think the Classics and Classic Customs have very little in common. The Classic Customs have ebony boards, "Custom" binding on the top and headstock, and 57/57+ pickups. Good luck!

Thanks Axe, I was hoping you'd have an idea on this. Before starting the thread I did a search and turned up one of your photos comparing the two inlays, definitely a matter of taste.

So you're saying the Classic Custom (ebony fingerboard) has different inlays than the other customs?

OOPs - just saw gromax's answer as I was typing. Got my answer in less time than it took to pour a second cup of coffee (late night last night). You guys are great.

Archived