Gibson Brands Forums

61 Sg reissue 2007 Antique Ebony limited run

rdmaster

Hi All,

I just picked up a 2007 Sg Reissue in Ebony. Gold hardware. Guy I bought it from states it was a limited run of only 400 guitar and he had paper work with it stating 146 of 400. I have played and own 61 reissue bu tthis guitar was the closest thing to a Les paul 58 neck I ever felt. Just curious about any info on the limited run and why the neck is so different from any other Sg I ever had or played. It also had the ages binding with the rounded crowns like on my older 69 les paul's was truly impress the quality of the guitar. I have a few 2007 guitars and seems like that was a good year for guitar making for Gibson.

Thanks for any info

post-38764-047612600 1357920982_thumb.jpg

Hello

I red your post and got curious about that neck. Congradulations on your find, your sg should have the 60s slim taper neck. I also like this neck best of all. I found this online and will try to put it here so you can click on it. Its interesting the remark about 2007 sevens playing better. I wonder if maybe the quality control people retired and or changed hands after that . I have a lot of experience in factories and have noticed their quality such as finishes bowed necks and sharp frets that could cut you. maybe they are having trouble keeping up with the demand , who knows, click on this for your guitar. http://www.futurestyle.org/archives/g/gibson-SG-61-reissue-2007.htm

Killer look, and a really nice 61 reissue.

They were using the 50s rounded neck profile on some of the SGs during that time. I've got a 2008 with a 50s rounded. Currently they're back to the 60s and 60s slim profiles.

Great find. Congrats. . B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feed back. I think it is for sure closer to a 50's neck not as slim as the 60's profile. its right in between. the frets were hand done not plecked you can see the crowns edge really nice very happy with it and the tone is excellent. I got it cause long gigs with my Pauls were killing my back now at 6.3 lbs vs 8.12 big ease on the back

Thanks again

Hi All,

I just picked up a 2007 Sg Reissue in Ebony. Gold hardware. Guy I bought it from states it was a limited run of only 400 guitar and he had paper work with it stating 146 of 400. I have played and own 61 reissue bu tthis guitar was the closest thing to a Les paul 58 neck I ever felt. Just curious about any info on the limited run and why the neck is so different from any other Sg I ever had or played. It also had the ages binding with the rounded crowns like on my older 69 les paul's was truly impress the quality of the guitar. I have a few 2007 guitars and seems like that was a good year for guitar making for Gibson.

Thanks for any info

Here's another link with info Every Thing SG

Archived