Gibson Brands Forums

Switch on, switch off...

daveinspain

Back in Spain now and incorporated my new pedal (Jimmi Hendrix Anniversary Fuzz Face) in my pedal board and loving it. I really wasn't that impressed in the store but I'm finding it real useful as part of my gear. Now the trick is getting used to switching on and off the various pedals and combination of pedal which has got to be considered an art in itself... Balance, coordination and accuracy all come into play... I guess if the pedals were more spread out it would be a lot easier switching them on and off but as part of a pedal board things are tight and turning them on and off without activating something else by mistake isn't easy...

So here is the new setup... Anyone have any tips on the switch on and off situation or the way I have my board set up for that matter... :-k I'm going in the Golden Cello, out to the Box of Rock, to the Fuzz Face, to the Wah wah, to the Boss ME 50 and out to amp. Getting good results [biggrin]

Pedalboard.jpg

Looks great - it's a matter of experimentation isn't it? Many would insist on having the wah at the front of the chain...and as the Golden Cello has delay as well as o/d, it might be better if you just swapped the position of that with the wah? On the other hand if it's sounding good.....

Regards!

Looks great - it's a matter of experimentation isn't it? Many would insist on having the wah at the front of the chain...and as the Golden Cello has delay as well as o/d, it might be better if you just swapped the position of that with the wah? On the other hand if it's sounding good.....

Regards!

Good idea... I'll give it a go. It will give me better access to the wah too... Thank man... [thumbup]

So do you sometimes combine pedal dist/od tones with the Boss ME50 distortions?

Yes, I have the Boss ME 50 programmed this way; switch #1 has a fat overdrive/distortion that boosts the signal as well. Switch #2 has a slow phase/flange with a deep reverb and a touch of delay. Switch #3 has a smooth reverb and a nice chorus. I programmed all of them myself and use those as my goto FX... I use the Golden Cello for leads in combination with the Switch #3 of the Boss for instant fat lead sound. I use the Band in a Box for extra boost if I need it. The Fuzz Face does some nice things in combination with the other pedals. On it's own it's ehhh... If I'm using the Boss distortion it usually doesn't mix well with other FX but sounds heavenly with the Fuzz Face...

Back in Spain now and incorporated my new pedal (Jimmi Hendrix Anniversary Fuzz Face) in my pedal board and loving it. I really wasn't that impressed in the store but I'm finding it real useful as part of my gear. Now the trick is getting used to switching on and off the various pedals and combination of pedal which has got to be considered an art in itself... Balance, coordination and accuracy all come into play... I guess if the pedals were more spread out it would be a lot easier switching them on and off but as part of a pedal board things are tight and turning them on and off without activating something else by mistake isn't easy...

So here is the new setup... Anyone have any tips on the switch on and off situation or the way I have my board set up for that matter... :-k I'm going in the Golden Cello, out to the Box of Rock, to the Fuzz Face, to the Wah wah, to the Boss ME 50 and out to amp. Getting good results [biggrin]

Pedalboard.jpg

I wasn't too thrilled about the hendrix fuzz face either, but it was an xmas gift from my wife. She actually gave all of the dunlop jimi hendrix anniversary pedals, fuzz face, univibe, octavio, and the wah pedal. The univibe was the one that made it in my pedalboard. It sounds pretty cool. Did you try it out yet?

When are you going to start building your own pedals?

I might just do that one of these days... I used to work for Raytheon and they taught me how to solder and build circuit boards. Problem is I'm too lazy and I could maie better use of the time trying to be a better player...

I might just do that one of these days... I used to work for Raytheon and they taught me how to solder and build circuit boards. Problem is I'm too lazy and I could maie better use of the time trying to be a better player...

Not to use this as an insult, but don't you have a lot of time on your hands anyways?

What do you got to lose if you don't like it? One day and some money?

I wasn't too thrilled about the hendrix fuzz face either, but it was an xmas gift from my wife. She actually gave all of the dunlop jimi hendrix anniversary pedals, fuzz face, univibe, octavio, and the wah pedal. The univibe was the one that made it in my pedalboard. It sounds pretty cool. Did you try it out yet?

The only Hendrix anniversary pedal they had left at the store was the Fuzz Face and it was the last one... Since I didn't have a fuzz I swiped it up and I'm glad I did. Sounds great when combine with other FX, adds the special something that makes the difference...

Archived