Gibson Brands Forums

My new toy

Riffster

Went to the free GarageBand recording class at Guitar Center yesterday and picked up and Apogee Jam afterwards.

Up until now I used my Boss Micro BR to practice with headphones but never got good results recording, I sold it and decided it is time I do it all through GarageBand.

The sound quality is excellent and it is a simple setup that works with my MacBook Pro and my iPhone.

The only disadvantage is that I have to buy an adapter for the 30 pin cable to 8 pin for iPhone 5.

3D52F50A-7609-465D-A574-99C7D41BD553-11716-00000BF615AF6B42.jpg

So far so good, I have dialed in some useable tones, you know how it is with software modeling, lots of places to tweak for a single tone then you plug a different guitar and it sound different.

I like the simplicity and the fact that it leaves the headphone out free on my Mac and iPhone sot I can plug my headphones directly.

The latency varies, but I have noticed that if you plug in and open GarageBand in the order the instructions tell you to the latency is very minimal. Very simple plug an play.

I ordered the adaptor for iPhone 5, that's in the mail. I am not to thrilled about Apogee not including it but I did not want to wait until they do.

Yea, I bought the JAM because of the portability, Shred come to think about it if you are home at a desk your USB interface will do. The advantage of this device is to be able to plug in anywhere on my MacBook Pro or my iPhone.

Tman, sure I will record some riffs soon, I am curious as to how it sounds recorded.

I still want to record with my amplifiers but I will use modeling to lay down the song so I can get the drums and bass right to then replace the guitar parts.

Archived