Gibson Brands Forums

CD's or Downloads

IanHenry

I like the experience of putting on and listening to a whole album, especially a great album. There is potentially going to be a generation that won't have that privilege.

I am allowed to listen to a whole album on my iPod, I do it all the time. I am sorry for such strange British laws.

rct

I am allowed to listen to a whole album on my iPod, I do it all the time. I am sorry for such strange British laws.

rct

Sorry I didn't explain myself fully. I meant that, because of downloading, the concept of artists producing an album of eight/ten songs is at risk.

Sorry I didn't explain myself fully. I meant that, because of downloading, the concept of artists producing an album of eight/ten songs is at risk.

You think? I don't know, distribution is still distribution though. Any distribution deal is better an "album" at a time than 8 singles at a time. But then, today the generation may not think in terms of distribution and singles and stuff, so yeah, I can see that being a problem.

huh. ah well, things change, and it is good that they change, or we'd all want to be here far past our shelf date.

rct

You wanna know what I think?

Of course you don't but I'm gonna tell ya anyway. lol

I miss the album. I miss the big ole vinyl disc.

You wanna know why? I don't care I'm gonna tell ya anyway,,, ha.

So ya,, I miss the fidelity and the warmth of the sound that this generation simply don't get with all their mp3s and ear pod speakers.

Does anyone even sit in front of a pair of quality speakers anymore? Or does everyone just listen to mp3 and watch movies on 10 inch screens nowadays?

Some times I just hate technology,, but I digress.

But,,,I think, even more than the warm fidelity of the vinyl,, I miss the liner notes.

I miss the pictures.

I miss the artwork.

I miss the stories.

I miss the fold out double albums with the ginormous rolling paper.

That my friends,, is what we have lost.

I think it's a shame.

So much that,, I may cut/paste this into a new post and see who else misses it...

lol..

now how do i make one of the lame *** poll thingys at the top of my post????

I still buy cd's, even bought a vinyl player recently. So if there's something i really like i have to have it on both. But i guess sooner or later i will follow the masses and get a proper rig for a decent sound using the pc/download thing.

Archived