Gibson Brands Forums

Grover tuners

hydrodriver

Probably. Although on one Les Paul I did not have to do anything and another one I did. I know it's not a 335 but the factory holes are the same size. I guess it depends on the amount of lacquer in the hole and the tolerance of the Grovers. I have used a small dowel rod with sandpaper to open up the holes just a bit to put in Grovers. Take it slow and easy. Another option that a friend did was to use sandpaper on the Grovers to reduce the size a bit and not touch the guitar. I don't think structurally that would be a good idea, but it is an option.

There was a topic a while back that may help you.

I don't know what you have now but I put some locking grovers on my 2005 Chet Country Gentleman and 2008 Gibson LP Custom with no modifications.

Grover's website has all the dimensions you need to tell if they're a straight swap out. I like them so far.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/94547-locking-tuners-for-lp-classic-custom/page__p__1286959__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=1286959

Thanks Jabberwocky, do you have one of the ones you listed that you prefer?

Go to www.stewmac.com and take your pick.

I like the Gotoh 510 series and Schaller M6. The Sperzel and Schertler are good if you like the way they look. Mechanically, they are all well-made and work well.

Archived