Gibson Brands Forums

ren the god

blindboygrunt

i've learnt / learned ? .... on here that ren ferguson brought a new standard of guitar to the gibson factory ...

anyone have any experience with a Guild since he went there ?

Yeah, I played s GA size new Guild and it was really good. Didnt sound so much as a Guild, but just a really punchy, responsive and projective guitar for its size. Especially given it was only around $1200. I also played a new Fender from the Ren new era and was pretty disappointed, just didnt do anything for me. This was both when back in Australia recently.

Yeah, I played s GA size new Guild and it was really good. Didnt sound so much as a Guild, but just a really punchy, responsive and projective guitar for its size. Especially given it was only around $1200. I also played a new Fender from the Ren new era and was pretty disappointed, just didnt do anything for me. This was both when back in Australia recently.

cheers aussie , was just a thought because i'm kinda fond of guilds , and like the gibsons a lot of years ago , people always said that its better to get an older one .

but then again some people just like older things

I do not think there has been any kind of a big turn around at Guild since Ren came on board. Despite a whole lot of trepidation among Guild freaks about Fender picking up the brand, except for one of the Tacoma-made models (I think it was the Contemporary Series) which apparently had some issues, lovers of Guilds have done nothing but heap praise on the the build quality and sound of the guitars since the day Fender entered the picture.

And I agree that the new Guilds have a different voice than the NYC/Hoboken/Westerly- made guitars. The Fender-era Guilds are, if nothing else, a whole lot lighter.

Archived