Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES-195

Krohawk2

Well... It's something I'd likely never play out. The whammy would have to be blocked too - but then I did that on my old Gretsches in the olden days too.

OTOH... hey, it's something that the rockabilly crowd likely would have loved in the '50s.

m

That guitar is absolutely beautiful! Does anyone know if this is going to be a production model? I want one! If they make it I will buy it! I love the color,the body,the Bigsby,neck inlay,headstock and it's made in America!

Don335 [thumbup][thumbup]

• 1 month later...

Based on the photo from the 2013 NAMM Show, I would love to see Gibson produce a ES 195 as a regular production run model.

I looks like they WERE announced and delivered to a very few dealers, everyone is out of stock except sweetwater and they claim to have some reserved. I'll bet we don't see any in any volume production. With a $700 uplift from trans black to the amber finish I think many will not like paying an extra 7 beans for changing a spray gun.

• 1 month later...

I bought one a few weeks ago here in Florida at leitz Music Panama City Beach. I feel so lucky - I found a picture of it online and emailed my friend who runs the store to ask if he had seen the guitar. He said "I think we just got one in - it has not been taken out of the box yet". So I ran down and bought it. [thumbup] I am going to post a review on YouTube this weekend. It is a fantastic guitar - looks great, plays great and sounds great. It comes with a brown case that has a pink fuzzy liner! That took me a minute to digest, but then I loved it because it fit the guitar’s style.

This is one of the best playing and sounding guitars I have ever played and I own a bunch of very nice guitars including a 1963 Gibson Hummingbird that my dad bought new as well as a 1963 Gibson J45 he bought new for my mom too. I have a Taylor T3B, Taylor Leo Kottke Signature Model, Taylor 514 CE, a Taylor GA3-12 string and a custom-built electric. I am not that great of a player, but I am used to good guitars that play great and sound great. The ES-195 fits right in with the quality. And the looks are amazing – even better in person than any pictures I have seen.

Barry

This is one of the best playing and sounding guitars I have ever played and I own a bunch of very nice guitar

Barry

Barry,

I couldn't agree more. I have more Gibson guitars than I need and this one ranks up really high with the best of them. My pick guard came unglued from the mount, but a dab of 5 minute epoxy fixed that. It came setup right out of the box exactly like I would have set it up. Unfortunately I don't believe we'll see many more.

Archived