Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L6-S

eerickso

I have a Gibson L6-S from around 1974 or so. The serial number is 622791, and it also has the number "2" embossed above the serial number. I've been told that means it is a factory second, and had a small imperfection when it was built.

The guitar has a Gibson hard case, and both the guitar and case are in very good condition. It was played frequently but casually for a period of several years by a single owner. It's had a pretty pampered life overall.

Before I list it for sale, I'm trying to get a general idea of what's reasonable to expect, and whether it's best to sell it with the case or sell the two items separately.

I'm attaching one pic but have more specific ones.

Thanks!

post-53145-066210000 1359665114_thumb.jpeg

Sell with the case, and don't expect a sudden windfall of cash, sorry to say. regardless of condition, a factory second of a not-very collectible guitar (for now, who knows what the future holds) doesn't command a large sum. they're going on ebay between 400-800, yours may end up on the low end because it's a second, but maybe hit the middle ground because it's an earlier model.

good luck!

Archived