Gibson Brands Forums

Strange Epiphone serial

jjmoss1234

Good afternoon

I have recently got my hands on an epiphone Les Paul in black with F holes and gold hardware. It plays beautifully, but when I have tried to identify it, I draw a blank..

The serial is down as 10730812 with no pre-fixed letter.. It looks and feels genuine and plays well. I have a 97 LP standard that I am comparing it to..

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks

Must be like this one...

It's call ELITE Les Paul. I think they were made in the middle of the 90's to 2000.

They were probably made in Korea. Did you try to change the '' 1 '' for an ''I '' in the beginning of the serial number ? Might be from the Saein factory in Korea. Guitar from that factory are beginning with an I.

gibson_les_paul_f-hole_semi-hollow_body_elite_epiphone_rare_w_hs_case_775_springfield_ozark_mo_8577807.jpg

There was also the Les Paul ES. The main difference in appearance between the two guitars were that the Elite had block inlays and the ES had trapezoid inlays. I Think there were a few other minor construction differences, like woods and color options, but aside from that, they were almost identical

I cant decipher your serial to determine the actual year, but these two models ran consecutively.

Les Paul Elite 1996-1998

Les Paul ES 1999-2000

Archived