Gibson Brands Forums

Led Zeppelin I - March 15th 1969 Rolling Stone Magazine Album Review

slavestate

I guess that's why I never payed attention to Rolling Stone Magazine, then, or now. I just liked Led Zeppelin's sound when they came out.

Your a good man! I totally agree with you 200%. Love your Bass, what a AWESOME piece you got there, just wish Gibson would make a Lefty version of it so I too could share your experience of playing such a Wonderful Bass.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your a good man! I totally agree with you 200%. Love your Bass, what a AWESOME piece you got there, just wish Gibson would make a Lefty version of it so I too could share your experience of playing such a Wonderful Bass.

Thank you, I like the SG Std. Finally found an SG Std. I really like. A 2011 still new in the case, at a local dealer. Most instrument companies aren't too accommodating to southpaws. My dad was a southpaw too. I don't pay much, or should I say any attention to critics write ups on about anything period. Maybe I'm just too stubborn, or old.

Thank you, I like the SG Std. Finally found an SG Std. I really like. A 2011 still new in the case, at a local dealer. Most instrument companies aren't too accommodating to southpaws. My dad was a southpaw too. I don't pay much, or should I say any attention to critics write ups on about anything period. Maybe I'm just too stubborn, or old.

Your welcome, I wouldn't say that you're too stubborn or old, your just intelligent and through the years, have grown much wiser and know how to spend your time more wisely instead of waisting it by reading opinionated rubbish. As far as Led Zep rippin' stuff off, yeah, they're guilty like so many others and should pay homeage and royalties to their sources. However, on the flipside, they took long forgotten, old obscure tunes and injected them with new energy and life and basically brought their sources out of the realms of obscurity and into the spotlight for many newer generations of music lovers to discover. So, what I'm saying is, they did the obscure ol' Blues masters a great service by recycling their long forgotten music and then got sued as a big thank you by Willie Dixon for one, kinda pathetic actually. Also, in the beginning, Jimmy Page is the guy who had to pickup the pieces when The Yardbirds desolved and was left with a few unfulfilled concert dates. Unlike music citics, Led Zep rose to the top through hard work, think about it, two albums within a year and dealing with those early long grouling tours. There is a reason to the fact that they are one of the most respected bands of all times.

Last but not least, can anyone please give me the name of just one music critic that had a top ten hit or album? If they know so damn much about how great music is supposed to be played, then I would think that they should be on the top of all charts all the time, inspiring countless others to do the same. Has anybody ever seen that happen ever?

Archived