Gibson Brands Forums

Filtertrons in a 2005 Epiphone LP standard

EvoRider

I just got a TV Jones Filtertron classic Pickup and installed it in my Epiphone LP i got the english mount with the cream Gibson pickup ring. The gibson pickup ring will not work on my epephone. The holes dont line up or anything even the ring did not have a arch in it like my stock ring had. i was able to use the original pickup ring on it but it has a little bit of a gap on both sides of the pickup. I could live with it that way because this guitar sounds great now love the tone. But i would really love to find a ring that would fix this problem. any ideas?

Filtertrons are smaller than a typical Gibson or Epiphone humbucker --- your best bet would probably be a Gretsch pickup surround.

I dont think that would work. Because i bought the TV jones classic with english mount they have the tab on the side of the pickup like the humbuckers. I think the Gretsch rings are just used for decoration.

I dont think that would work. Because i bought the TV jones classic with english mount they have the tab on the side of the pickup like the humbuckers. I think the Gretsch rings are just used for decoration.

Correct. Gretsch rings are just decortive and do nothing to hold a pickup in place. TV Jones Filtertons exist in three types:

1. Gretsch traditional. These mount like a P-90 with screws through the pickup and into the wood of the guitar.

2. Humbucker sized. A direct replacement for a traditional Gibson humbucker type pickup. Can use exising

3. English mount. See TV Jones website for info.

It is possible to adapt them. See:

http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/pickup-place/36717-tv-jones-english-mount-regular.html

Good luck!

Archived