Gibson Brands Forums

1958 LP Standard

Alan Blackburn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, me too, i really wish i had seen them, all those kinda aggressive answers makes me curious!

Imagine having a faded tiger-stripe LP and smearing, using a poor quality 2" brush, the surfaces both front and rear with a very watery layer of Marmite.

Actually, it wasn't the pictures as such; it was the OP's entrenched view that, despite all the posts to the contrary, it might still be genuine.

That combined with the appearance that he was here to find out how, exactly, (possibly his own personal expertise in) such forgery could be improved was what rubbed people up the wrong way.

I've seen three posts by Mr. Blackburn and they have all been on the subject of serious attempts to fake Les Paul parts.

Not a good sign.

P.

Yeah, me too, i really wish i had seen them, all those kinda aggressive answers makes me curious!

You can see some of the pics in the other thread. He had to remove the thumbnails from this thread so that he could put them on the other thread. "? Fake 58 LP". It has his name on the thread, Allen Blackburn.

I guess I missed the photos. [unsure]

You can see some of the pics in the other thread. He had to remove the thumbnails from this thread so that he could put them on the other thread. "? Fake 58 LP". It has his name on the thread, Allen Blackburn. They are horrible. It looks like he painted over it and the paint is smeared on the nut, tuners, binding, etc.

Archived