Gibson Brands Forums

Share pictures of your Gibson Customs

4Hayden

I have two. The 330 was a HUGE disappointment when I received it. The bridge was set Waaayyy to high to make it playable, the cause? The pups were installed on thick spacers. I removed the spacers and installed new pup covers and I could then lower the bridge. Luckily for me the store couldn't sell it and lowered the price rather than send it to Gibson.

es330.jpg?t=1409093996

My Tal Farlow is a beautiful instrument, bought used but despite some issues with the clear finish on the head it is one of the best sounding and playing big boxes I have ever played.

tal_farlow_1s.jpg

That is a very nice Tal Farlow...I have an ES 5 which is similar in construction, but have never had the pleasure of testing out a Tal yet. What year is yours? They don't make them in wine anymore sadly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a very nice Tal Farlow...I have an ES 5 which is similar in construction, but have never had the pleasure of testing out a Tal yet. What year is yours? They don't make them in wine anymore sadly.

It's a 1996, an amazing guitar. Funny, I've played a very few switchmasters and like the Tal every one was a dream to play... unfortunately the cosmos of funding and ES5 availability never lined up :-)

this is a guitar I received broken and fixed.

I am trying to find out what exactly it is.

I can't even find what model this is. it was made in Nashville in 1988

production number 42. that is about all the information I can find so far. would love this anybody could help me with this even what model it is

production number 42. that is about all the information I can find so far. would love this anybody could help me with this even what model it is

post-67366-020320000 1410026268_thumb.jpg

post-67366-072086700 1410026284_thumb.jpg

post-67366-027393900 1410026310_thumb.jpg

Check with the guys In All Things Gear and Guitar section under Instrument ID and information

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived