Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (and amp)!!!!!!!- Gibson Les Paul Signature T with Min Etune

alexthegreat404

I have been going through some bad times so I decided to become stupid, seemingly overnight, and decided to treat myself and order my dream guitar and a new amplifier.

My dream guitar? Just a great Les Paul. I got that LP Special a few months ago, and I love it, but it wasn't enough. I needed a flame top, binding, '57 pickups or burst buckers, all that jazz that equates to the quintessential Les Paul. So screw it, I ordered a 2013 Signature T with Min Etune in Vintage Sunburst. I had to order from Zzounds since they have their great financing plan and I decided I wanted to keep it under $2,000 for the guitar. As you see in the thread I made the other night, I narrowed it down to the Signature T, a Studio Pro, or a Custom Lite. I am really happy I went with the Signature T...

HOLY HELL. I know people complain about Gibson's inconsistency and how stupid it is to order without playing. But sweet jesus christ and all that is holy, this thing just screams. It is amazing in so many ways. The playability, the look and finish, the features, the SOUND. I knew I'd like it but I didn't expect to fall in love like I did! I wasn't sure about Min Etune since I am a bit of a traditionalist but since they ran out of the Vintage Sunburst without it, I decided an extra $100 for the exact guitar I want was worth it. So far, Min Etune seems pretty convenient and easy to use! There is no doubt in my mind that this will be my #1 guitar.

The only thing I didn't like is the ugly truss rod cover so I got a custom engraved one that says "Heartbreaker" (cheesy name, I know) and it also came in the mail today so I slapped it on. Now, this thing is just perfect. It also came with one of the vintage style hard-shell cases to my pleasant surprise.

I also finally got myself a tube amp, a Fender Blues Deluxe! Next up I need to get myself a Bogner Ecstasy Blue OD pedal, maybe a delay, and some new recording stuff and I am almost done with my dream rig.

What a day!

Here is "Heartbreaker!"

http://imgur.com/ViUFy60

Hey! It is in the link below!

Jeez, I've waited around 9-10 years for this. Feels so good!

Very nice guitar sir... Theres a reason why Gibson have the name they do.. Now you know ;)

Happy rocking man [thumbup]

A huge congratulations is in order.

Where did you get the custom truss cover done? I've been wanting to replace

the cover on mine which just says "Deluxe" and have one that says "Wolfman".

Any info/links would be quite cool of you to share. :)

Archived