Gibson Brands Forums

Boaties' Delight

BluesKing777

Summer here still, of course, and for summer's last gasp, the Princess, the Hound and I have a scored another holiday place right on the water of a bay....

Photos may be coming....1959 GibsonLG3 on the deck later.....

Now a grumble about online accommodation - 1st choice got back to us a day later to say the place was booked, 2nd choice, 3rd choice etc etc the same ...less frustrating for all if they update their booking availability information....

BUT last choice is the best! Old huge rambling 2 story place that used to be a large shop down and residence up. Probably enough room for 20 but greedy me and Princess and the Hound have it all. I feel like I am in a movie lke "The Last Days Of Chez Nous".

The house is in between a cafe, a restaurant, a bar, a fishing club, a yacht club and across the road from a boat ramp, and we have a large deck overlooking the bay.... We can't believe it.

BluesKing777.

WINTER here still, of course, and WINTER'S last gasp is nowhere in sight....lol. [flapper] ...If I see pictures of what you're describing, I swear I'll turn dark green with envy and probably stay that way.

Seriously, what you're describing is a dream-come-true for me. Great inspiration and it makes me want to play and write.

"The house is in between a cafe, a restaurant, a bar, a fishing club, a yacht club and across the road from a boat ramp, and we have a large deck overlooking the bay.... We can't believe it."---------I could easily live in that place. Me and my guitars......maybe a gal dropping-in every once-in-a-while. However, don't think my wife will let me. Still, thanks for letting me wander around Fantasy Island for a while. [thumbup]

Travel safely, "our" friend.

Thanks MP.

We get our turn with bitter cold soon enough - I can feel it in the breeze. Making the most of it. But Billy Connolly says: "There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing!"

Bad news for you MP - unless you just discovered you were the long lost Warren Buffett relative, you won't be living here! They happily rent it for a weekend..... Good - the locals come out of the woodwork in these places after a while and you start to wonder what happened.

We sat on the deck watching he comings and goings from the cafe and retaurant and about 10 pm, it was over...not a soul around. Played the LG3...beautiful outside.

Had toast this morning and Hound and I walked along the foreshore to the jetty. We could hear creatures all night! Spider crabs clicking, birds squawking. Noisy things. Things in the trees too. The odd Bunyip or Yeti.

So far, I have taken 200 billion photos, give or take a few....Boss wants shops..rats....

More later!

BluesKing777.

Absolute mayhem out the front since the food places opened.....boats launched, people everywhere!

Not the place if you want peace and quiet, but good to watch the passing parade from the deck - they all look up at us and probably think....."hmmmm, what did they do right."

Answer: Don't know!

The sign on the wall inside the house says a list of the house beach rules including: Get Your Feet Wet.

So the Hound and I ventured out the mud flats with the tide right out and had a splash and a paddle. Had some lunch, watch the parade some more, typed this and......either another splash and paddle or....errr....a nap. [biggrin]

Oh, some people need to learn to park their cars- wowie they are awful....another lot left their car alarm going off and on the whole time they were in the restaurant and I am glad they were not out on a boat..

BluesKing777.

Nice shots BK, Ya know ...twill be hell to pay when the seasons change and I taunt you with warm weather fotos...Ha! We are cold and 2nd day of snow on the ground. True to form for our area...it will be gone 2 days from now with 50 degree weather.

HUGE tidal swings down there, eh?

Back on the treadmill.......

Exhausting having a holiday weekend, isn't it?

Yes, Retro, the tide goes out a long way and back quickly, making more of a boatie's delight than a swimmer's delight. The spider crabs that clicked loudly all night probably run in with the tide. The birds like both and make noise all night too...same with the creatures and birds in the trees....and you just get to sleep and the people start driving up to the car park with their boats to launch; coffees at the cafe next; breakie at the cafe next; tide comes in as the zillion boats go out; lull for a while; cars turn up for takeaway food and a little eating area to sit; and later the restaurant opens and the car park is full and the business is brisk and some drivers can't drive or park and need more lessons because they are scared of squeezing their car in that spot.....; someone left their car while in the restaurant with the alarm going....; all this goes until 10pm and they all vanish.

We are exhausted watching....phew.... [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

View from deck including the Hound's fave spot...

Hols11_zpstx81qxah.jpg

Never done this before: The boy blatantly disobeyed me when we had to leave (10am) - he would not get in the car and he ran back upstairs to the deck spot he already loves. Called and called but had to drag him in to the car. Snoring now as I type.... exhausted.

BluesKing777.

You and these damn pictures....Easy to see why your dog wants to stay. I hope he pees on your leg when you get home.......Travel safely.

He wouldn't ever do that!

(But he is happy to christen new or strange furniture :unsure: can be tricky)

Seems like a dream now - I am home and working.... (I usually look up the local real estate - we generally intend to move to anywhere we go, though it is quite wonderful where I live - just sick of the nits next door, anyhows we will be staying - I found the listing on the internet of when the people bought the holiday house - in 2010, $AU 950,000. [blink] [blink] [blink] -of which, I guess $945,000 is for the views.)

Though they had better broadband than I do.....

BluesKing777.

Don't pack up and move here just yet - you will be glad to know it is cold and rainy/drizzly today..... and I know from previous experience that the place in the photos gets even colder, rainier and drizzlier!

That place seems far away and long ago already - guy down the road is cutting brick paving while I work on this lump of....(Dell's Hell) while our company's server techs have pressed the wrong button somewhere and the emails are emailing to themselves resulting in 150 emails for every one email....

Going beautifully.... they have shrunk my last photos too [biggrin] (I did that really, not sure what though).

BluesKing777.

Archived