Gibson Brands Forums

70's Tribute SG - New Pickguard

jaygl

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered from ebay seller arkansasmusicworks. Fits perfect and looks cool.

IMG_0143_zpszrnijxrq.jpg

very cool looking... I have a 2012 SG '70s trib and it's one of my most fave guitars.

Love the mini hums. Love the maple neck and the baked maple fretboard. This got so much flak from cork sniffers

back when it was introduced... that Gibson was forced to mark the price way way down, and I got a great guitar for

fairly small money.

I've had no problems with my instrument, and feel like I got much more than my money's worth. I paid about $600 for

mine, and felt like I'd saved enough to afford a great SKB case for it.

I like my '70s trib so much that instead of ordering a new pick guard, I made my own out of a piece of ebony headstock

veneer from Stewmac. But your five ply looks great on the one you have. Good choice!

very cool looking... I have a 2012 SG '70s trib and it's one of my most fave guitars.

Love the mini hums. Love the maple neck and the baked maple fretboard. This got so much flak from cork sniffers

back when it was introduced... that Gibson was forced to mark the price way way down, and I got a great guitar for

fairly small money.

I've had no problems with my instrument, and feel like I got much more than my money's worth. I paid about $600 for

mine, and felt like I'd saved enough to afford a great SKB case for it.

I like my '70s trib so much that instead of ordering a new pick guard, I made my own out of a piece of ebony headstock

veneer from Stewmac. But your five ply looks great on the one you have. Good choice!

You are right Col Mustard....they are great playing and sounding guitars for sure. I took my chances on the pickguard as it said it fit the p90's sg 70's....fits the mini HB as well!! The specs have changed for 2017 so for anyone who might be thinking about one of these, pull the trigger before they are gone!

Looks real good, love the 5-ply and the Tribute too. Hows the neck profile on it, thick?

I know it sounds cliche but the neck profile is right between the SG rounded and a 61 type. Not too thin and not too beefy....if I had to say which way it leaned harder, it would be slightly towards the "rounded" profile. Very comfy neck.

Archived