Gibson Brands Forums: Hello I'm new - Gibson Brands Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello I'm new

#1 User is offline   juliang 

  • Newbie
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 04-July 18

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:32 PM

Newbie here living 35 miles from Nashville, TN. I bought my first Gibson SG in 1992 and have seen a few Gibsons come and go in that time. I have settled on an R8 from 2016 and just purchased a 2018 SG standard from GC in Nashville. Originally from England, just happened to land in Nashville and I love it. Great guitars, great hockey team a but not a fan of country music, please don't stone me!!
0

#2 User is offline   Retired 

  • The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6657
  • Joined: 15-February 15
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:02 PM

View Postjuliang, on 05 July 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

Newbie here living 35 miles from Nashville, TN. I bought my first Gibson SG in 1992 and have seen a few Gibsons come and go in that time. I have settled on an R8 from 2016 and just purchased a 2018 SG standard from GC in Nashville. Originally from England, just happened to land in Nashville and I love it. Great guitars, great hockey team a but not a fan of country music, please don't stone me!!


Welcome to the forum, Posted Image Thats 2 of us that aren't fans of country. There are 3 country songs I learned to play way back but seldom do.
Herman
0

#3 User is offline   tx-ogre 

  • Pup Tentacle
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6050
  • Joined: 03-May 16
  • LocationIn My Excentrifugal Forz

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

Welcome aboard. I'm not a big fan of Country music either. I like some "old school" Country, but this new crap that I refer to as "twang pop" doesn't interest me in the least.
0

#4 User is offline   sparquelito 

  • Tourette's Syndrome Sufferer
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 2409
  • Joined: 31-May 15
  • LocationNorthern Alabama

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:40 AM

View Posttx-ogre, on 13 July 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

I like some "old school" Country, but this new crap that I refer to as "twang pop" doesn't interest me in the least.



I agree completely.

My band will regularly trot out some Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Merle Haggard songs when Country is requested, but the stuff being played on the radio today they call Pop Country is just complete rubbish.

Welcome, Julian.

My wife and I live an hour and a half south of Nashville, and we regularly make it up to Music City for shows at The Ryman.

Me Mum's bloodline traces back to England.
Her mother was from near Horsham, and she married a fellow from Austria-Hungary, and they immigrated to West Virginia at the turn of the century.

My father's ancestors came over from Ireland and Scotland in the late 1800's.

Oh, by the way; photos of your LP and SG are always welcome.
Guitar pics are like porno to this Gibson Forum crowd.

[tongue]
Am I alone in this?

Am I alone?
0

#5 User is offline   tx-ogre 

  • Pup Tentacle
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6050
  • Joined: 03-May 16
  • LocationIn My Excentrifugal Forz

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

View Postsparquelito, on 14 July 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

I agree completely.

My band will regularly trot out some Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Merle Haggard songs when Country is requested, but the stuff being played on the radio today they call Pop Country is just complete rubbish.



Yeah, my wife likes Country music...real Country music. She likes having Sirius/XM in her car so she can listen to Willie's Roadhouse and Outlaw Country. I can listen to those channels, but none of the other Country channels.

This post has been edited by tx-ogre: 14 July 2018 - 06:02 PM

0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users