Gibson Guitar Board: Gibson Case Combination lock - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Gibson Case Combination lock

#1 User is offline   adambo75 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:08 AM

Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2007 faded 50's neck LP and have a question. How do you set the combination lock on the case? I still have the red tab inserted into the lock. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 User is offline   Homz 

• BANNED

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:09 AM

The manual that came with your guitar has directions. I think.

#3 User is offline   Flight959 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationHorsham W.Sussex

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

With the lock open...Push the tab to the left and hold it there whilst setting your combination...

Flight959

#4 User is offline   Flight959 

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

Oh and pull the red tab out...

Flight959

#5 User is offline   Homz 

• BANNED

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

With the lock open...Push the tab to the left and hold it there whilst setting your combination...

Flight959

You sure it's left. You guys drive on the wrong side of the road over there. Just saying.

#6 User is offline   adambo75 

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

I got it thanks for the info!

#7 User is offline   Boston004681 

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

Flight959

isn't it to the right?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stick it to the man!

#8 User is offline   Rocky4 

• LocationIllinois

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

Locks on cases never made sense to me. You see a guy walking down the street with a guitar case and think....musician. A guy walks down the street with a guitar and you think ......thief

#9 User is offline   Thundergod 

• Big shark

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

They make no sense to me either, if they want to take your guitar away they wil ltake it with the case if it's locked, then they will destroy the damn thin and get the guitar. It's not like the case and the lock are made of carbon steel.

#10 User is offline   TinFish 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

They're nice if you share a jam space with another band or two and you don't want them touching your guitars...
That's about all I can think of...
?SG 61 Reissue ? SG Special (Black) ? Yamaha F-310 Acoustic ? Marshall TSL 100 & 1960A Cabinet?
?Traynor YCV20WR 15 Watt All Tube Class A ? Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner Pedal?
?If anyone ever comes across a GOTW week 26 White SG 61 RI for sale PLEASE PM me. Thank you.?

#11 User is offline   Flight959 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

Kids!

I can leave my guitars in the room and my boys dont know what the numbers are... But then they are only 3 and 4

Flight959

#12 User is offline   Davyboy49 

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

View PostRocky4, on 18 April 2009 - 06:19 PM, said:

Locks on cases never made sense to me. You see a guy walking down the street with a guitar case and think....musician. A guy walks down the street with a guitar and you think ......thief

Yeah,it makes no sense really..i just bought an old es-295 but the person i bought it from shipped it to me in a gibson case with a combination lock.I am trying to figure how to reset since i don't know the combination.Thankfully it wasn't locked when i got it !

#13 User is offline   WahKeen 

• Play From Your Heart
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

View PostFlight959, on 18 April 2009 - 08:39 PM, said:

Kids!

Flight959

+ 1

No one in your place can access it, xcpt u.

Guitars:
•2011 R9 Gibson Les Paul SunTBurst flame (ltd. ed.) based on the "Beauty Of The Burst", hand picked for Yamano.
•2010 R0 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, with custom-wound BB's (coil-split, phase switch, killswitch), and Jimmy Page wiring.
•2009 R68 Gibson Les Paul Triburst flame with '57 Classics, gold hardware and ebony fretboard.
•1997 R62 Fender Stratocaster Vintage Sunburst (MIJ), with Vintage Noiseless pickups.
Amps (tube):
•Marshall JCM 2000 TSL602 with Dual 12" "Wolverine" custom Celestions.
•Peavey Delta Blues with 15" Blue Marvel.

ChristianRocker.com~Joaquín Philippians 4:13 Facebook Page

#14 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

My combo is 311 :-$ Damn Smileys aren't working right again [cursing]

#15 User is offline   damian 

• The Guitar Whisperer
  • LocationIn The Misty Mountains With My Black Dog

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

View PostHomz, on 17 April 2009 - 10:09 AM, said:

The manual that came with your guitar has directions. I think.

[scared]
I use Atlas Stands because they are the best................. http://www.facebook.com/atlasstands ......American Made.......Rewind Pickups; MIA and the Best.......
.....................Codtone Pedals from OZ......................................." Ya'll remove hats, please "...................................Motor City Pickups......................................
.................................." I hate it when people compare god with jimmy page, I mean, he's good and all, but he's no jimmy page."..................................
Music Consultant, Songwriter........................................ - THE MENSA PRETZEL LOGIC PROJECT - .............................. Advocate for the Disabled, Gentle Hellraiser.

" It occured to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception." Einstein on his theory of relativity.
" Music is a higher relevation than all wisdom and philosophy. Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents." Ludwig von Beethoven
" There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.' Johann Sebastian Bach
" Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or a punching bag. It's not the thing itself; it's preparatory to the activity." Barney Kessel
" After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Hoxley
" There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have crossed this line." Pianist Oscar Lavant
" Music came before language; musical grunts became words." Damian (copyright)
" I know how to get there, all I've got to do is keep playing." Jimmy Page
" Without music, life would be a mistake." Friedrich Nietzsche
" Music is an outburst of the soul." Fredrick Deluis
" Rock and Roll forever, man." Unknown
" Damian's cool." NeoConMan
" WTF ??? " dem00n
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   TommyK 

• You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day
  • LocationNorth Shore of Mare Vaporum

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

View PostDavyboy49, on 26 January 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

Yeah,it makes no sense really..i just bought an old es-295 but the person i bought it from shipped it to me in a gibson case with a combination lock.I am trying to figure how to reset since i don't know the combination.Thankfully it wasn't locked when i got it !

Let me put this another way.

Push the button to open the latch so that the opening for the latch is visible. Remove the red tab. Now, push the latch button the OPPOSITE direction which opens the latch. It may take a little more oompf to get it slid over, but push it as far the OPPOSITE direction for opening, now hold it there. Operate the thumb wheels to re-set the combo. YOu should feel a bit more resistance than when you are operating normally. MAKE SURE YOU STOP WITH THE DESIRED COMBO NUMBER LINED UP PERFECT WITH THE BUTTON, NOT HALF WAY IN BETWEEN. Release the slide button. Now, write down that number. Now you can close the case, and open the latch with the new number. Might be a good idea to release the slide button, then work the wheels to another combo BEFORE RELATCHING the latch. Now work the thumb wheels to your new combo. The thumb button should slide to the open position. This verifies you set it correctly before locking your guitar up.
~~~~~~~
"Fair" is never "Even" --- me again.
"... and Bob's your uncle," --- TWilson
"The closer you get to civilization, the less civilized humans become" --- me again.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that the Ark was built by a lone amateur and the Titanic by a staff of highly educated, highly trained engineers." ... Jimmy John's.

Guitars = Chick Magnet
Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
You do the math.

"If you've got time to breathe, you've got time for music," Briscoe Darling
"If it ain't got a hole, it ain't got no soul," me, TommyK

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users