Gibson Brands Forums

Classic Custom's back.

LarryUK

Looks nothing like my Classic Custom.

The Classic Customs had split diamond in the headstock.

Block not trap inlays

and Baked Maple fretboard,, just to name a few.

Not sure what that is,,, no mention of it on the Gibson site that I could see.

Plus,, the "product overview" description:

When guitarist and inventor Les Paul conceived the Custom model in the mid-1950s, he envisioned it as a “black tie” guitar suitable for the most elegant occasions. In the years since then, the Les Paul Custom has come to represent all of that and more. The most dressed-up of the Les Paul production line, the Custom is nevertheless a full-bore rocker, suitable for the heaviest riffs you want to throw at it, while still excelling on the blues, jazz, pop or fusion stage.

is a direct plagiarize from the original Classic Custom on the Gibson site.

Something funny here.

And I don't see "guitarguitar" listed as an international online dealer.

Damn,, the things ya learn hanging around this site,,, I almost sound like I know what I'm talkin about.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

And if I'm not,, thanks y'all for edjumakatin me.

[thumbup]

Actually the first Classic Custom was a run of Guitar of the Week in 2007, only available in Black, it looks like now they will offer it in Wine color.

I never understood why Gibson named the recent model Classic Custom, I guess they are running out of names.

And I don't see "guitarguitar" listed as an international online dealer.

Damn,, the things ya learn hanging around this site,,, I almost sound like I know what I'm talkin about.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

And if I'm not,, thanks y'all for edjumakatin me.

[thumbup]

Yeah its a bit different to the first lot.. but that's probably why its called a Classic Custom 2 :)

Similar though.. same pups, neck profile etc...

Maybe we are getting a UK only guitar for once :D (we got some Studio Pro 2s as well recently).

If you look at the Guitars of the Week for 2007 you will see that Classic Customs were offered in 2 and 3 humbucker configurations and a P90 version as well.

I loved the looks of those models back them because I personally hate the large inlays of the Customs, the funny thing is that back then I did not buy one of those because of the 60's neck and now that is what I prefer.

Actually I was gassing for the black one but they did offer it in other colors, see here:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/LP%20Classic%20Custom%20Silverburst/

And the name Classic Custom 2 has also already been used:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/LP_Classic_Custom-Week_28/

Archived