Gibson Brands Forums

Wood issue is hitting home

DiamondJig

Same thing happened to me. Per Gibson's response to my dealer's inquiry regarding a delivery date on my pre-order, Gibson stated that the 50th Anniversary Angus SGs may not be built, but they never actually said this was due to wood supply issues - they simply stated the project is on an indefinite hiatus. Sounds like a mahogany/rosewood supply issue to me...

You gotta wonder if any of the model's that haven't hit the streets yet will ever see an actual production run.

As far as I know, some of those would include the Derek Trucks, Frank Zappa, & Frank Marino SG's, The SG Diablo 50th and the Les Paul Deluxe Gold.

6qjj3c.png

• 8 months later...

Do you know any of the details about what a "50th Anniversary Angus Model" would actually be? Or were you just trying to reserve a spot regardless? I've been actively looking for one of the 2009 Custom Shop Signatures, but that would be encouraging to know that something else might be coming out in the "possible" near future.

Thanks,

Matt

Same thing happened to me. Per Gibson's response to my dealer's inquiry regarding a delivery date on my pre-order, Gibson stated that the 50th Anniversary Angus SGs may not be built, but they never actually said this was due to wood supply issues - they simply stated the project is on an indefinite hiatus. Sounds like a mahogany/rosewood supply issue to me...

Archived