Gibson Brands Forums

New Old Stock

pippy

at current rates the transfer is about $1050 dollars which is an absolute bargain.

unfortunately i don't have that sort of money at the moment (i'm only 13)

i'm saving up for a custom shop les paul (although that sg standard with vibrola is really nice)

so i won't be getting another sg for a very very long time

at current rates the transfer is about $1050 dollars which is an absolute bargain.

unfortunately i don't have that sort of money at the moment

My case exactely. But if I sell my strat... Let's see...

And brudda... you do have a fine taste for guitars, especially taking into consideration that you are 13 years young. Good to see you are not dreaming with an Steve Vai Ibanez (I hope)

You guys are joking right? You really think that's a bargain? That's a scam. The price is too low, the seller has no feedback, and there's only one picture. You really think that's the formula for a good deal right there - runaway, fast! I wouldn't trust that unless I was local and could do it in person.

Aww! C'mon you guys!! Is your glass half-full or half-empty??? Where's the Spirit of Christmas???? Goodwill to All Men (and Women)!!!!!!!!

Yes, of course, as I said in the original post "if it's genuine".

But : In theory there are many reasons why it may not have been played much in addition to the possibility that it's a lemon; (1) The owner had many instruments and preferred others; (2) He died shortly after he bought it and it was kept as a memento by his wife; (3) It was bought to be part of a collection...etc...etc...

And if anyone thinks these reasons seem far fetched they are all examples given on another site to explain why some guitars are in such good nick for their age. The last 'reason' given above was how I came to get a totally un-played 13 year-old LP...

Also the price stated was only the starting figure; I'm betting it will not sell for that sum.

Assuming it to be genuine................

Bah! Humbug................

Not with an extremely under priced vintage guitar with one small picture you don't. Go ahead and bid' date=' let us know how it turns out. [/quote']

I'm not saying you don't have a point, you know. I agree with you, honestly. He should at least post more pictures and explain this sotry a little better. And when you have no feedback I you should do whatever it takes to look reliable.

Trust me, I loved the guitar. But if I had the money to buy, I would consider the same things you did and would NEVER put my money in it. Money is a hard thing to earn when you can only work to make it.

I'm just saying that honest people may have no feedback. As I did.

Guest alanhindle

I agree that it looks genuine from a distance but..

....what worries me is there is no proper location stated (UK, United Kingdon) and no invitation to view/collect. The seller knows a lot of guitar terms (e.g. dings, hardshell) for somebody who hasn't played it for 41 years. Why don't they give a fuller story and more detailed photos?

It probably is genuine, just not owned by the person trying to sell it. Just another pic hi-jacked off the internet.

And Guitar Slinger I don't know why you feel the need to be defensive. I didn't say nobody with a zero feedback should be trusted. It was just one of several red flags I pointed out. Totality of the circumstances.

It probably is genuine' date=' just not owned by the person trying to sell it. Just another pic hi-jacked off the internet.

And Guitar Slinger I don't know why you feel the need to be defensive. I didn't say nobody with a zero feedback should be trusted. It was just one of several red flags I pointed out. Totality of the circumstances.[/quote']

We're cool =)

And about that case thing, it really makes sense. If it remained unplayed for so many years (for a entire life, actually) its expected that this guitar stood in the case for that many years. This guitars are quite fragile (IMHO) and would not be NOS condition by staying in the closet or under the bed lol

I say someone asks him a few questions about that.

I also remember reading the Eric Clapton Biography where he said that american guitars were rare to find back in the days. Also in the tne-myth-busters section of gibson mail, a guitar tech for Hendrix also said that strats were rare finds.

That may not say much for itself, but...

Archived