Gibson Brands Forums

2012 Les Paul Traditional

rickslespaul

Well, I hope I figured out how to work uploading photos...I'm having a hard time with it so here it goes... If you see the photo, the one on the left is my LP Studio 50's tribute with Humbuckers and the one on the right is my LP Traditional.

http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/Rick_Duguay/media/LesPauls_zpsc4712a36.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Also, here's a photo of the rest of my axes...

http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/Rick_Duguay/media/00-UpdatedInventory_zps5740f8c3.jpg.html

Very nice Rick, those ebony LP's sure look nice... GAS is starting to flare up...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that works. I like your music room or would that be your man-cave?

Thanks man, It's my music room...but my wife calls it my man cave. Just got this house 2 months ago and "claimed" the basement for myself. I've been working on it since I moved in, eventually, probably this fall, I'll be installing a 2000w Yamaha PA system to go along with my recording hardware and software. (and also for giging with my band), For now I'm just using a Digitech Jamman stereo but upgrading to a digital 24 track. Something like a Tascam 2488NEO...24 track,24 bit recorder. Now that I know how to post photos, I'll keep everybody updated when need be. A question for you, how can I post a photo on my replies that shows the photo instead of a link? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks man. -rick

Thanks man, It's my music room...but my wife calls it my man cave. Just got this house 2 months ago and "claimed" the basement for myself. I've been working on it since I moved in, eventually, probably this fall, I'll be installing a 2000w Yamaha PA system to go along with my recording hardware and software. (and also for giging with my band), For now I'm just using a Digitech Jamman stereo but upgrading to a digital 24 track. Something like a Tascam 2488NEO...24 track,24 bit recorder. Now that I know how to post photos, I'll keep everybody updated when need be. A question for you, how can I post a photo on my replies that shows the photo instead of a link? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks man. -rick

Hello again Rick, when you go to photobucket, on the right side of the screen there are 4 boxes: Email & IM, Direct Link, HTML code, and IMG code. Click on IMG code, which will copy the code, then right click where you want to paste and click 'paste'... good to go!!! Here's one of your pics...

LesPauls_zpsc4712a36.jpg

Hello again Rick, when you go to photobucket, on the right side of the screen there are 4 boxes: Email & IM, Direct Link, HTML code, and IMG code. Click on IMG code, which will copy the code, then right click where you want to paste and click 'paste'... good to go!!! Here's one of your pics...

LesPauls_zpsc4712a36.jpg

StudioApril2013FullView_zpsf3733da5.jpg

hope this works

YYyaaaaa!!!!! Thanks a million man, now I can post photos instead of links!! Awesome. I pretty much new at this so thanks for your help man, I greatly appreciate it.....

That looks pretty sweet!! Looks like you have quite the collection of instruments.

No worries, happy to help!!

It came. It was a scratch and dent from Zzounds. The plastic was missing from the pick guard, etc, it needed intonation and the truss rod needed 1/4 turn. It looks to be about 9 pounds and it rocks!

8645581015_feb0da2f26.jpg

Honey Burst

You got yourself a sweet guitar man. Looks fantastic. Sorry to hear about the scratch, dent and other imperfections. But other than that...are you satisfied with it? That's the important part

-Rick

That looks pretty sweet!! Looks like you have quite the collection of instruments.

Another "Gibson" product I have is the Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy FX... I bought this one brand new. It was discontinued but man, what a search. My buddy Rylan at Long & McQuade's came thru. At first I thought I was gonna get a second hand...but nope... Got it brand new. It still had the plastic vinyl on the pickguard and EMG sticker on the pickups., This guitar has it all man. 24 frets, Grover tuners, EMG 81/85 active pickups and a Original Floyd Rose, quilted maple top with see thru ebony, the action on the neck is amazing. I would recommend this Epiphone anytime!!! . I love the "Explorer" shape and it sounds amazing. It doesn't have the original explorer design, this one is kinda "stretched out a little, but looks and plays amazing. I like this version of the Explorer better. Take a look...

-Rick

Another "Gibson" product I have is the Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy FX... I bought this one brand new. It was discontinued but man, what a search. My buddy Rylan at Long & McQuade's came thru. At first I thought I was gonna get a second hand...but nope... Got it brand new. It still had the plastic vinyl on the pickguard and EMG sticker on the pickups., This guitar has it all man. 24 frets, Grover tuners, EMG 81/85 active pickups and a Original Floyd Rose, quilted maple top with see thru ebony, the action on the neck is amazing. I would recommend this Epiphone anytime!!! . I love the "Explorer" shape and it sounds amazing. It doesn't have the original explorer design, this one is kinda "stretched out a little, but looks and plays amazing. I like this version of the Explorer better. Take a look...

-Rick

oopps. here are the photos...

10-2012EpiphoneFuturaCustomProphecyFXGuitar_zpsfdc26d6c.jpg

sorry...still getting used to photobucket...

I can't find the scratch or dent, just no plastic cover on the guard. And they marked it down 53% so I got it at a great price. I am very satisfied with it.

wow, 53%...you can't go wrong with that. amazing deal. Like I said, you got yourself an amazing axe man. Something to be proud of for sure!!!

Hi Bryan, sorry to be such a bother... I guess that's what being a newbie is... just one question, how do I add a list of my instruments in my posts like yours. Like do I have to type them in all the time? Or is there a template that automatically adds it to my "signature"?

Does this look right? The head of this screw protrudes above the surface of the pick guard. This may be the "scratch and dent" issue. The pick guard seems a little warped out of shape as well, it's not flat.

8647971488_3a55a57739.jpg

Here's a pic of mine...it barely protrudes, but does protrude...

screw_zps44229f7d.jpg

Does this look right? The head of this screw protrudes above the surface of the pick guard. This may be the "scratch and dent" issue. The pick guard seems a little warped out of shape as well, it's not flat.

8647971488_3a55a57739.jpg

hey hey buddy,

I was looking at my LP Studio...and that screw protrudes a lot like yours, the pickguard isn't warped or anything likethat...just the screw is protruding a lot...-Rick

Hi Bryan, sorry to be such a bother... I guess that's what being a newbie is... just one question, how do I add a list of my instruments in my posts like yours. Like do I have to type them in all the time? Or is there a template that automatically adds it to my "signature"?

Sorry for the late response... on the top right of the screen should be your screen name, click on it and go to profile. Click on 'edit profile', again in the top left portion of your screen. Then go to 'change signature' on the left-side menu. voila!

Hi Buddy,

how about you tell me a bit about your axes, music room or equipment. Photos maybe? Just curious.

-Rick

Just posted this pic in another thread...

guitars-1.jpg

My guitars are a 2001-ish Fender American Standard strat (black) w/ Texas Special pickups; a Fender American Special Strat (also w/ Texas Specials); a Studio Les Paul Joe Bonamassa; and a Traditional Plus (desert burst). For amps, I have a Ceriatone 18W Marshall clone (it has a Marshall logo on it till I can get one from Nik at Ceriatone)... amazing amp!! It's basically a 1974X handwired, except I had a cabinet made with 2 Celestion Heritage 20W G12M speakers. I also have a Blackstar HT-20 that is undergoing some modifications, such as new pre-amp tubes and speaker. My acoustic guitars are a Martin HD-28 and a Martin D12-28.

Just posted this pic in another thread...

guitars-1.jpg

My guitars are a 2001-ish Fender American Standard strat (black) w/ Texas Special pickups; a Fender American Special Strat (also w/ Texas Specials); a Studio Les Paul Joe Bonamassa; and a Traditional Plus (desert burst). For amps, I have a Ceriatone 18W Marshall clone (it has a Marshall logo on it till I can get one from Nik at Ceriatone)... amazing amp!! It's basically a 1974X handwired, except I had a cabinet made with 2 Celestion Heritage 20W G2M speakers. I also have a Blackstar HT-20 that is undergoing some modifications, such as new pre-amp tubes and speaker. My acoustic guitars are a Martin HD-28 and a Martin D12-28.

Man... you got a sweet setup. How's does that Bonamassa sound?feel? I heard a lot of good things about it.

Archived