Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Custom BASS?

Mr_Sinclaire

It has the two post (Tilt-O-Matic) bridge, so that would make it a 1972. They went to a three post bridge in 1973. Nice bass!! It's rare to find one of these without a cracked control plate by the guitar jack...........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

embossed pick up covers also make it about 72

Cam,

Low impedance Les Paul Pickups were all "embossed" from late sixties through to the late seventies.

Anyone with Gibson Low Impedance black un-embossed pickups probably has a Japanese (Ibanez) LPR Copy Pickup - they were not Low Impedance.

DG

Cam,

Low impedance Les Paul Pickups were all "embossed" from late sixties through to the late seventies.

Anyone with Gibson Low Impedance black un-embossed pickups probably has a Japanese (Ibanez) LPR Copy Pickup - they were not Low Impedance.

DG

OOK then. learned something new.I'll shut up now.LOL

I forgot to mention that SOME of Les' Custom built pickups for his own Guitars were un-embossed. The white Personal for instance - I think that they were un-embossed.

He didn't always use the Gibson made PU's.

DG

I forgot to mention that SOME of Les' Custom built pickups for his own Guitars were un-embossed. The white Personal for instance - I think that they were un-embossed.

He didn't always use the Gibson made PU's.

DG

Thats freaking sweet! I would love to make my own PU's

Archived